Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody who got NER registration in EA?
I need it to get a letter for RPEQ which is necessary for engineer occupation for 190 SS in QLD.
I am wodering the interview process with EA..

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
#DIANE KIM
Brother, I hope you got NER registration. I applied 6 weeks ago but the status is still in progress. Can you tell me about the time frame for completion of registration and little overview for interview..?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello

It took quite long time since they asked my 2 referees for my reference check with email and phone.
Also, the interview was very simple. I had to explain one of my work (project).
(eg. any situation you solved while you did project and the outcome)

I had completed registration on NER, but it has been useless anymore, unfortunately.
Because QLD has closed 190 for Mechanical engineer while I had an interview for NER.

Good luck !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
#DIANE KIM

Brother thanks a lot for your reply..Moreover, did they instruct you to get Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII), as its also requirement for NER registration?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Guys , one question !! it is mandatory for any engineer to get NER while processing 190 subclass visa !!!? please some clarification

·
Registered
6 Posts
#m_hegazy

Brother if you are looking for Queensland state 190 visa then registration from NER is mandatory. For other states, NER is not required.

·
Registered
6 Posts
#william1

Actually for Queensland, registration in Board of Professional Engineers Queensland (BPEQ) is required for both 190 visa and job purpose. And you cannot get registration in BPEQ without NER as per requirement of BPEQ. So, NER is mandatory for both visa and work purpose. For more information search on official website of BPEQ.

·
Registered
75 Posts
#william1

Actually for Queensland, registration in Board of Professional Engineers Queensland (BPEQ) is required for both 190 visa and job purpose. And you cannot get registration in BPEQ without NER as per requirement of BPEQ. So, NER is mandatory for both visa and work purpose. For more information search on official website of BPEQ.

Thx for your prompt response; but i want to know. Is it required in addition to EA qualifications/experience assessment, since i have +VE outcome from EA? or it’s enough to have only the qualifications assessed through EA with +VE?.

·
Registered
6 Posts
#william1

Dear if you are going for 189 visa then no need for NER, only +ve outcome from EA is enough..But if you are going for state noumination for Queensland 190 visa, then you need NER registration in addition to +ve outcome from EA (which you already have).

·
Registered
75 Posts
#william1

Dear if you are going for 189 visa then no need for NER, only +ve outcome from EA is enough..But if you are going for state noumination for Queensland 190 visa, then you need NER registration in addition to +ve outcome from EA (which you already have).

thx a lot for the info. dear.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi everyone. Thanks for this thread. I am civil engineer 233211.When I came across the complicated process of NER,actually I gave up. Has anyone completed it successfully? What about the demonstration of 50 hours of CPD? how can we do this?
Many thanks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi everyone. Thanks for this thread. I am civil engineer 233211.When I came across the complicated process of NER,actually I gave up. Has anyone completed it successfully? What about the demonstration of 50 hours of CPD? how can we do this?
Many thanks.

Hi,

This is interesting. Can someone simplify pathway to NER or perhaps share related experiences which might benefit anyone concerned..:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have got the NER. Its actually quite simple to get. CPD i filled out the trainings worshops webinars and other events i participated during work. You only need to fill in how many hours and the topic of the programs and conferences you attended. You can also add articles you read about related to work.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi everyone,

can anyone guide me about NER approval time? I submitted on 01.02.2018 and assessor asked for additional documents on 08.02.2018 and i uploaded additional documents on 12.02.2018. My question is that how long shall it take to get approval. they have not contacted my referees yet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
hi everyone,

can anyone guide me about NER approval time? I submitted on 01.02.2018 and assessor asked for additional documents on 08.02.2018 and i uploaded additional documents on 12.02.2018. My question is that how long shall it take to get approval. they have not contacted my referees yet.
The whole process takes 3 to 4 weeks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got additional information request which i can not provid..
1. Referee should be chartered EA member and provide english profficiency of your referee (whereas its not necessary ro be chartered as i am applying for RPEQ and i can not ask my manager to give ielts for me)
2.CPD not enough (even i am enrolled in Master and have completed 9 subjectes which is around 450 hours other than my presentations which i gave un various places and short courses)
3. Civil engineer license from Dubai ( we dont have any engineer license here in dubai)

What the hell...they gave to many in few weeks who and refused my authentic experience and CPD..they asked me to show techncial work you are doing and i showed already according to Bs ASTM ACI ISO standards
It seems he literally refused to approved me despite providing enough things

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
help regarding NER registration

Hello Members,
I'm wish to apply for NER registration. Can someone help me writing Work Experience Statement, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Statement and acquired competence self-assessment worksheet ? if someone could provide me sample of the same which they submitted to EA for NER registration, I will be highly grateful.

1 - 20 of 225 Posts