Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
We went apartment hunting in Lyon thinking we would love croix rousse. The walk up and down the hill with our double stroller wore us out! Any recommendations on neighborhoods and why you prefer that area.
Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
It depends on what you're looking for. It's pretty hard to live IN the city with kids, I think. The narrow places just aren't made for big US strollers. I personally prefer living out in the "suburbs" but still in a town so I can walk wherever I want in town, but have a nice house with a big garden. All my friends who live in St. Foy really like it. Are you going to be working here? And if so, where? Because traffic can be an absolute NIGHTMARE, so you will need to take that into consideration. For example, my husband's work is 3 miles from my kid's school, and this morning that drive took him 45 minutes. So if you give me a better idea of what you want and what your needs are, I can help you more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Croix Rousse

I love the Croix Rousse, we live down the street in Caluire, 10 minute walk and I wouldn't live anywhere else. It's safe, it's quiet. Yes it is more pricey, but it is the most desired neighborhood in Lyon right now if you want to be in the city. It just depends on what you want and what type of life you want. If you want suburban life then there are some beautiful suburbs, if you want a more city life. The Croix Rousse is perfect because it's a 3 minute walk down the hill to the city. Plus the circus is here till November and the kids love it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well we plan on renting because we want to come to lyon whenever we want ex: good price on plane tix, skiing etc.. My husband is a financial advisor for American expats so he will work from home here in France. We have two kids and don't plan on having a car at first so public transportation is key. We are accustomed to a metropolitan area bc we live downtown in the US. But are open to all areas because you are the experts at the moment! I guess the bottom le is that we are very flexible...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Are you planning on sending your kids to school here? Because that will make a difference also. You don't want to be too far away from the school you choose if you're going to go the public transport route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.