Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I've just received a negative outcome for my skills assessment I'm gutted. I applied for HR Advisor with a post grad CIPD but they said its not at the required level. Anyone got any advice please? I'm going to call them to find out why and see if I can apply for a reassessment. Anyone out there with CIPD who was successful? I have 10 years exp 5 of that is post qualification so was hoping that would help?!
Thx for any advice
Kez

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G

·
That will be why you didn't pass, the skill level is a bachelor's, a post grad qualification isnt post grad if you haven't first studied undergrad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That will be why you didn't pass, the skill level is a bachelor's, a post grad qualification isnt post grad if you haven't first studied undergrad.
But I thought they look at your highest qualification? It took me 3 years to complete and I had to do comparable exams dissertation. Do you know for sure that I have no chance at a positive reassessment? I'm
Clutching at any possibilities here!

G

·
They do but your higher qualification is only worth that if you have studied the prerequisite qualifications. It doesn't look like you can use that occupation Nominating an occupation (General professional occupation) - VETASSESS you are group B were a degree plus work experience is needed. If your higher qualification was relevant (which it is) you then need a relevant degree or non relevant degree plus more work experience after qualifying.

The CIPD needed to be the equivalent to either an Australian bachelors or masters. A masters in Australia requires a bachelor's for entry as do most in the UK. At what level did you study because I know people can be on the same course at different levels, difference is in how the tutors mark assignments.

What is it you actually do? Could you nominate another occupation?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They do but your higher qualification is only worth that if you have studied the prerequisite qualifications. It doesn't look like you can use that occupation Nominating an occupation (General professional occupation) - VETASSESS you are group B were a degree plus work experience is needed. If your higher qualification was relevant (which it is) you then need a relevant degree or non relevant degree plus more work experience after qualifying.

The CIPD needed to be the equivalent to either an Australian bachelors or masters. A masters in Australia requires a bachelor's for entry as do most in the UK. At what level did you study because I know people can be on the same course at different levels, difference is in how the tutors mark assignments.

What is it you actually do? Could you nominate another occupation?
Hi there
I studied at level 7 which is above Australian bachelors degree it took 3 years to complete. I had to do assignments, exams presentations management reports and a final dissertation. It's classed between degree and masters. Same format and testing as a degree. It got barked my tutors and verified by CIPD.
I'm a HR business partner so another occupation is not relevant. I've worked at middle and senior management level for 10 years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ps I studied a diploma and certificate level before the post grad level.

G

·
Hmm i would ask for a review and send them more evidence. They still wont accept it as masters level as you haven't done an actual degree but they should have recognised it as bachelor's. What evidence did you send? They'll only recognise post qualifying experience but you have more than enough.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm i would ask for a review and send them more evidence. They still wont accept it as masters level as you haven't done an actual degree but they should have recognised it as bachelor's. What evidence did you send? They'll only recognise post qualifying experience but you have more than enough.
I don't think I sent enough. I sent my certificates and an email from
CIPD stating it was level 7. Also sent them my marks for each module I took per year. I'm going to try and get more details from CIPD breaking it down plus a testimony if I can get it. I'll also do a comparison chart against Aussie one. I may also contact Aussie equivalent to CiPD as they now have a reciprocal agreement. Can you think of anything else I can provide? Thx

G

·
Write to CIPD and request course handbooks, module handbooks, assignment requirements, their marking criteria and I would print off all the literature about the course, advertising, course info for prospective students etc you can find or get original copies if you can.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Write to CIPD and request course handbooks, module handbooks, assignment requirements, their marking criteria and I would print off all the literature about the course, advertising, course info for prospective students etc you can find or get original copies if you can.
The thing is the course I did has now been replaced by new one so could be hard to get original material but if new course is same in theory they may accept that? I'll call them tomorrow. Thx kez

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've just googled my course and found quite a lot, advert and entry requirement, criteria for dissertation reading list for course. It's a start!

G

·
Whoever you studied with should still have copies, I know my college had info for my course that had been replaced 8yrs prior. Good luck x

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whoever you studied with should still have copies, I know my college had info for my course that had been replaced 8yrs prior. Good luck x
Thanks Shel I've just emailed them asking to send me everything!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've gone to plan B as trying to get them to see my CIPD level 7 is a bachelors equivalent is a no go! I'm going to reapply under different occupation project admin. my HR
Role is based around so much project work and supporting big programmes so it's worth a shot! I'm running it past a MA first!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts