Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, sorry for the long one.. but got an issue on hand..

I got negative assessment for skilled employment. Any assistance or suggestions are more than welcome..

Does the below letter mean that if I give more in-depth employment reference letters, things will be fine???

"Thank you for your application for migration assessment. The following advice regarding skilled work experience claims should be read in conjunction with your migration assessment result letter.

Skilled Employment

The claims of skilled employment made by the present applicant below cannot be found to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level as a 221111 - Accountant (General):

(I GAVE 3 COMPANIES EXPERIENCE LETTERS)

Please note that the following factors contributed to the above advice:

The duties listed in your employment references are not considered to be at the level of depth and complexity expected in a professional accounting role which is relevant to your nominated ANZSCO.

This opinion is based on the items provided as evidence for the assessment and does not constitute an opinion as to the veracity of the claims made.

Please note this advice is the opinion of CPA Australia Ltd. and does not guarantee the awarding of any points under the skilled migration points test. Determination of points under the skilled migration points test remains at the discretion of the delegated officers of the Department of Immigration and Border Protections."

·
Registered
7 Posts
You should first ask your employers to revise their letters to include duties that are more in tune with the ANZSCO definitions. You can then either proceed with a review or start your application afresh, although there is always the chance that a previous refusal may count against your application.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should first ask your employers to revise their letters to include duties that are more in tune with the ANZSCO definitions. You can then either proceed with a review or start your application afresh, although there is always the chance that a previous refusal may count against your application.
Thanks for the reply..

I am thinking on the same line.. my experience letters werent formatted properly... CPA Australia said that they will review it and give it a fresh look.. lets hope for the best..

Reactions: David Dadic
1 - 3 of 3 Posts