Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I'm a Acma from Cima(uk) and completed the exams in 2012 though became a member in 2017. The cpa authority has given me positive academic but negative work experience assessment. My work experience from 2012-2017 is not counted. Im very worried whether I should file my Eoi or not. I don't want to wait for three more years.
Does the immigration and border protection officials differ in opinion from the assessing bodies?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi guys

I'm a Acma from Cima(uk) and completed the exams in 2012 though became a member in 2017. The cpa authority has given me positive academic but negative work experience assessment. My work experience from 2012-2017 is not counted. Im very worried whether I should file my Eoi or not. I don't want to wait for three more years.
Does the immigration and border protection officials differ in opinion from the assessing bodies?
That is an interesting question.

I am looking at my CPA Australia skills assessment and do not see any mention of work experience. I think this is normal. Let's wait for someone else to chime in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi guys

Immigration verifies the authenticity and credibility of the work exp whereas CPA validates the Roles & Responsibilities. Both differs in their criteria of assessment.

If there is no option to be checked for work exp. assessment during EOI lodgement. You can claim these points.

For qualification, assessment is mandatory for work exp. its options!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you are advising me to go ahead and file the Eoi. What about getting a Cpa membership and then file the Eoi or claiming Naati points? Iam at 55 points

Education =15(Cima member)
Age =30 (iam 26)
Ilets =10

And my 10 points for work experience are not counted ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
So you are advising me to go ahead and file the Eoi. What about getting a Cpa membership and then file the Eoi or claiming Naati points? Iam at 55 points

Education =15(Cima member)
Age =30 (iam 26)
Ilets =10

And my 10 points for work experience are not counted ?
CPA membership brings zero points. Rest. You can get 5 points with NAATI.

Check EOI, if there is no question regarding work experience assessment through any of the accredited bodies. You can submit an EOI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts