Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have completed my B.Com and MBA in Finance from Mumbai University.

My qualification assessed by the IPA for general accountant is considered negative for

1) Financial Accounting and Reporting (compulsory)
2) Business Law (including Corporate Law) (compulsory)

These two core knowledge areas are considered as not complete. However, i have studied FAR in my junior college ( I am not sure whether they consider that) and Law during my graduation and post graduation course. So, i am not sure why was it considered as not complete.

Can anyone please help me out to understand this. Also, is there any other option i can consider to apply for Accountant General.

Thanks,
Jatin

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello Dear

I am going through the same problem. I completed my Master of Commerce in Accounting from Macquarie University, here is Sydney but I got a negative assessment as well indicating I need to do business law which was not mandatory for me. So now I am going for the foundation program to fulfill the requirement.I think you can do the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Raisa, are you saying you did your Masters in Commerce in Australia and still your qualification was assessed as not suitable as per Australian standards? That's weird...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi,

I have completed my B.Com and MBA in Finance from Mumbai University.

My qualification assessed by the IPA for general accountant is considered negative for

1) Financial Accounting and Reporting (compulsory)
2) Business Law (including Corporate Law) (compulsory)

These two core knowledge areas are considered as not complete. However, i have studied FAR in my junior college ( I am not sure whether they consider that) and Law during my graduation and post graduation course. So, i am not sure why was it considered as not complete.

Can anyone please help me out to understand this. Also, is there any other option i can consider to apply for Accountant General.

Thanks,
Jatin
Hi,

Have you completed financial accounting and reporting at a bachelors level or above ? Also have you studied Business Law at a bachelors level or above ? Note that all the core subject requirements listed on CPA/ICAA/IPA have to be studied at a level equivalent to atleast a bachelors degree.

And yes FAR and business law are compulsory areas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts