Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Today i need your opinion for a business that my family is planning to expand.
My family is in resturant and hotel business in USA and Canada. Currently running resturants like IHOP, Danny's and two non franchised steak houses in USA.
The market analysis that we did on the UAE market in food business gave us a feeling that good quality dine-in resturants are very expensive and there are more resturants than the actual customers.
My dad did visit Dubai for few weeks but could not cover the whole list of fast food / steak resturants as many names are not available in the directory.
Well in short, since you are in UAE and few of you have live there for some time, what do you think, will a low priced western style fast food resturant run well in that market.
Honestly speaking my father found people more inclined towards Indian Spicy food as the majority of expats are from Asia.
your comments will be highly appreciated

Rgds

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your reply.

What we observed is that dine out are over priced for no reasons. A part of 4 in TGI FRIDAY ended up paying around 300 Dhirum , Almost $100 . Where as if we had oredered same menu here in USA or Canada , Our bill would have been not more than $60.

While discussing the same with my father, i have a feeling that there are not many people willing to spend a lot of money so to be even a fast food business becomes very niche and segmented.

One thing i could not u nderstand at all about UAE market is that who is their customer, target and for which segment are they developing this high cost living for. Because almost 80% people there are expats and making an average living with no rights on anything
The prices set for the property is out of reach for a regular person. The construction and other projects that they have cannot be afforded by a middle class family.
Would you like to give me an insight.

Thank you

There are masses of Western fast food places here already. I'd say it was a saturated market.

-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.