Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

As I am a newbie here, I need your valauable help.

I want to know the proper steps to follow in getting a PR. Correct me if I am wrong.

Steps:
1. Do a self assessment and choose suitable visa ( I prefer Skilled nominated 190)
2. Get all the documents and upload it for a skill assessment with the assesing authority. (how much time it will take usually?)
3. Pass IELTS exam.
4. Give an EOI with the skill assesment result, IELTS score.
5. Wait for the invitation from the state.
6. Lodge the visa application.

Please guide me if I am wrong.

I am planning to do all these things by myself instead of a consultancy. Is doing by ourselves is a difficult task...? what you guys suggest

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hi Guys,

As I am a newbie here, I need your valauable help.

I want to know the proper steps to follow in getting a PR. Correct me if I am wrong.

Steps:
1. Do a self assessment and choose suitable visa ( I prefer Skilled nominated 190)
2. Get all the documents and upload it for a skill assessment with the assesing authority. (how much time it will take usually?)
3. Pass IELTS exam.
4. Give an EOI with the skill assesment result, IELTS score.
5. Wait for the invitation from the state.
6. Lodge the visa application.

Please guide me if I am wrong.

I am planning to do all these things by myself instead of a consultancy. Is doing by ourselves is a difficult task...? what you guys suggest
Many members here are doing the process by themselves including me.

You need to check if your occupation code is in sol or csol. If its in sol then you can go for 189 with 60 points.
If your code us in csol then you have no choice you have to go for 190.

Yes get your documents ready and apply acs paying the fee.

Appear in ielts and get your scores. If you get 7 in all bands you get 10 points for that.

If your visa is 190 choose the state which sponsors your code. Each state has their own list. Check for their criteria. Apply to that state in their website.some states charges some fees.

Lodge eoi choosing that particular state as your preference.

After you receive your state nomination you will get your eoi automatically.

then the final stage of filing the visa. Pay the amount, upload documents and wait for your grant.

Hope this helps you.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Expat Forum

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many members here are doing the process by themselves including me.

You need to check if your occupation code is in sol or csol. If its in sol then you can go for 189 with 60 points.
If your code us in csol then you have no choice you have to go for 190.

Yes get your documents ready and apply acs paying the fee.

Appear in ielts and get your scores. If you get 7 in all bands you get 10 points for that.

If your visa is 190 choose the state which sponsors your code. Each state has their own list. Check for their criteria. Apply to that state in their website.some states charges some fees.

Lodge eoi choosing that particular state as your preference.

After you receive your state nomination you will get your eoi automatically.

then the final stage of filing the visa. Pay the amount, upload documents and wait for your grant.

Hope this helps you.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Expat Forum

Thanks a lot Sai....perfect Answer :)

I have one more query regarding my experience...

I started working after my bachelor degree. For the first 4 years, I worked in some BPOs, after that I moved to IT field and now I have 6+ years of experience in IT.

I am applying for my software skill only. My question is should I submit the proof for all the 10 years experience including BPO ? or software skill experience is enough?? I dont have any BPO employment proof to submit now.

Waiting for your answer..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts