Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I need your advise regarding my Australia PR application, I am getting different response from people so I am a bit confused:

Following is my point table:

English: 20 Points
Education: 15 Points
Total (without work ex points): 65

Now I have a total of 6 years of work experience. 3.5 of which is Outside India. I am applying for ICT Business Analyst Skillset, so following are my questions:

1. Will my degree B.E. Computer Science be considered relevant for ICT Business Analyst or not?

2. Considering I do not get any points for Work Experience, can I still apply for PR (Since I have 65 points already)?

3. Do I need to provide statuary declaration for all my work experience or only that is relevant for Business Analyst and is outside India?

Thanks in Advance :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi Saurabh,
Here is what I think
1. Will my degree B.E. Computer Science be considered relevant for ICT Business Analyst or not?
Yes it will be. As it is a B.E in C.S it will be considered as AQF Bachellor degree with major in computing so you can claim 15 points for it. The condition is you need to get this accessed by ACS and on +ve assessment only you may get to claim these 15 points.

2. Considering I do not get any points for Work Experience, can I still apply for PR (Since I have 65 points already)?
Yes you can. But my advise is as you need to get your degree assessed from ACS to claim the education points it is better you get your experience assessed too.

3. Do I need to provide statuary declaration for all my work experience or only that is relevant for Business Analyst and is outside India?
If you are not able to get the Roles and Responsibilities letter from your company on official letter head you need to go the statuatory declaration route. ACS will deduct 2 Years from your total experience so I suggest get your full experience assessed. Even if 2 years are deducted you can claim points for > 3 Years and less than 5 years based on our total experience. So it gives you additional 5 points making your total points as 70 which also guarantees you an invitation in the first round itself when u submit an EOI.

Reactions: saurabhnagar

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sukesh

Hi Saurabh,
Here is what I think
Yes it will be. As it is a B.E in C.S it will be considered as AQF Bachellor degree with major in computing so you can claim 15 points for it. The condition is you need to get this accessed by ACS and on +ve assessment only you may get to claim these 15 points.

Yes you can. But my advise is as you need to get your degree assessed from ACS to claim the education points it is better you get your experience assessed too.

If you are not able to get the Roles and Responsibilities letter from your company on official letter head you need to go the statuatory declaration route. ACS will deduct 2 Years from your total experience so I suggest get your full experience assessed. Even if 2 years are deducted you can claim points for > 3 Years and less than 5 years based on our total experience. So it gives you additional 5 points making your total points as 70 which also guarantees you an invitation in the first round itself when u submit an EOI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts