Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for help to find transport from the Nice ferry port (arriving by boat on Corsica Ferries) to the "All Seasons Nice Aéroport" hotel.

Normally, I would just take a taxi, but this time.. my situation is a bit complicated.

I have a LOT of luggage:

- 3 large rubbermaid containers (100cm X 50cm X 40cm)
- 3 large suitcases
- 3 small suitcases
- 2 strollers (push-chair / poussette)
- 2 children car seats
- 2 children (3 year old and 1 year old
- 1 wife
- me​

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Or perhaps you own a large car or truck and would be willing to drive us? (Multiple trips if necessary...)

I am willing to pay for your help, of course. :)

Thanks!

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
From the Gare Maritime in Nice there are Navettes - are any of those any good - even if you have to make multiple trips ? As far as I can remember, there are storage lockers at the Corsica Ferries/SNCM terminal building to put your gubbins while you sort stuff.

But in the end, you might just find it easier to take two taxis ....

When is this all happening ? Where are you coming from ? Where are you planning to go to (after the airport) ?

I'll be down at our chalets just south of Bastia the 17-22 March, crossing from & back to Marseille and travelling by car between there and our home in the Auvergne. The car will be full going down, but will be relatively empty coming back. Any good to you ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think two regular taxis would be enough. We have a lot of stuff. :) A regular taxi would need to take maybe 4 or 5 trips I think.. at least.

We'll be arriving at the port of nice on Feb 23 (next week), so it's fairly urgent.

I tried calling the port of nice to ask about Navettes/Shuttle, but they said they can only go to the airport and back. :(

Any other ideas? If anyone knows someone in Nice with a truck.. let me know.

Thanks!

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
I don't think two regular taxis would be enough. We have a lot of stuff. :) A regular taxi would need to take maybe 4 or 5 trips I think.. at least.

We'll be arriving at the port of nice on Feb 23 (next week), so it's fairly urgent.

I tried calling the port of nice to ask about Navettes/Shuttle, but they said they can only go to the airport and back. :(

Any other ideas? If anyone knows someone in Nice with a truck.. let me know.

Thanks!
Some of the taxi companies run 7-seater vehicles - surely you can fit all the gear in one of those ?
Does the hotel not run a shuttle ? Have you asked if they can help ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, i asked the hotel for advice, and they gave me the number for a taxi service.

I'm going to call them today and see how much they'll charge... I think it'll be around 100 euro, which seems like a lot to me. (I did some quick checking online.)

We do have a lot of stuff, though. We could fill one of those 9 seater shuttles pretty easily.

(Basically about 1.5 cubic meters of luggage, plus two kids, myself, and my wife.)

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.