Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - getting desperate. I have flights on Monday (1 week from today) back to Ukraine (travelling to see my family accompanied by my British husband).
My BRP was sent to the DVLA weeks ago and is unlikely to arrive this week.
How can I get back to the U.K? I don’t want to apply as if I’ve lost my BRP, I’m just waiting for it!

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
If you are a national of the Ukraine and would normally need a visa in order to board a flight to the UK, then you cannot travel without one. Showing up at the UK border would not be an insurmountable problem because they can let you in by taking your biometrics again and ascertain that you have an immigration status in the UK that gives you the right to enter, it's actually getting to the UK border that would be problematic because your airline would not allow it. You can either postpone travel or you can apply for a single-entry permit from outside the UK (which is pretty much a visa application itself, as it costs about £150 and requires a biometrics appointment).

Reactions: Kenglishby1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are a national of the Ukraine and would normally need a visa in order to board a flight to the UK, then you cannot travel without one. Showing up at the UK border would not be an insurmountable problem because they can let you in by taking your biometrics again and ascertain that you have an immigration status in the UK that gives you the right to enter, it's actually getting to the UK border that would be problematic because your airline would not allow it. You can either postpone travel or you can apply for a single-entry permit from outside the UK (which is pretty much a visa application itself, as it costs about £150 and requires a biometrics appointment).
I don’t suppose you have any info on how long the single entry takes to get? There seems to be nothing about timelines. It’s annoying because the DVLA have taken 6 weeks so far and the next two weeks are my husbands only time away from the Army until October!

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
It really depends. It follows the same procedure as a visa application, so it could be days or weeks. It may be possible to get it expedited through priority service, but in my opinion, you should really just postpone your travel. Unfortunately many people seem to be in the same situation with DVLA right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t suppose you have any info on how long the single entry takes to get? There seems to be nothing about timelines. It’s annoying because the DVLA have taken 6 weeks so far and the next two weeks are my husbands only time away from the Army until October!
What happened to your BRP?? Did you change your plan or your BRP came back from DVAL in next 2 weeks??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts