Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get copies of my academic transcript for my undergraduate degree (Australian) certified as I'm applying for a postgraduate course in Australia. I'm living in France at the moment so I don't know where to go to do this - in Australia we would just go to a Justice of the Peace or legal centre to get it done. Is there anywhere in Paris I can get this done? Or any Australian lawyers here who could certify it for me?

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
I need to get copies of my academic transcript for my undergraduate degree (Australian) certified as I'm applying for a postgraduate course in Australia. I'm living in France at the moment so I don't know where to go to do this - in Australia we would just go to a Justice of the Peace or legal centre to get it done. Is there anywhere in Paris I can get this done? Or any Australian lawyers here who could certify it for me?
AFAIK, the consular section at the Australian Embassy will provide notarial services:

Notarial services include:

Authentications
Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage
Certifying Copies of original documents
Witnessing Signatures on certain documents
Affidavits, Oaths and Affirmations
Binding documents presented for Authentication

These services are provided for Australians overseas, but services can be provided for others where the documents are required for use in Australia.

Legalising documents | Smartraveller: The Australian Government's travel advisory and consular assistance service
(scroll down to "Notarial Services provided Overseas"

Australian Embassy
4, rue Jean Rey, 75724 Paris Cedex 15
Métro Ligne 6 Station Bir-Hakeim
RER C Station Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel

Tel : 01 40 59 33 00 - Fax : 01 40 59 33 10
E-mail : [email protected]

Consular Services for Australians - Australian Embassy :smile:

As I used to be able to say (possibly somewhat tongue-in-cheek) ..."trust me, I work for the Government, I'm here to help you..."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.