Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a couple of question in regards to the Australian PR.
Myself and my spouse got the skilled PR under 189 on 01 June 2016 and we had to visit Australia once before April 2017.

Unfortunately, I had to move to the US from India, due to a project requirement.
We planned a visit to Austalia in March in order to keep the PR status active.

Now I have the below doubts:

I have a project requirement in the US for another 1 year. I know that since my PR will be active for another
3.5 years, I can go to Australia and find a job for myself after 1 year.

1.What is the probability of getting my PR extended succesfully?

2.And for how long can I extend it?

3. If I want to stay in Australia in long term, what are the conditions that I need to meet in order to file the citizenship for Austalia?

4. Any suggestions around my current situation that might help me in securing my stay in Australia in long run?

Thanks,
Akshay

·
Registered
13 Posts
All the information you requested can be easily obtained from the DIBP website....

1. and 2. If you return to Australia within 5 years of your visa grant date, you can stay forever on your 189 visa. If you wish to leave the country after 5 years, you will need to apply for a Resident Return Visa (RRV) in order to return. How long your RRV is valid depends on how much time you spent in Australia on your 189 visa, and there may be a minimum requirement for amount of time spent living in Australia to qualify for a RRV

3. You can apply for citizenship after four years of living in Australia as a PR

4. Go to Australia before your 189 visa expires. If you leave after 5 years, apply for RRV prior to returning but make sure you are eligible for a RRV before you leave.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts