Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to Everyone, may peace be upon you

I am really confused and dont know what to do because i can not get enough info from internet. I really need help.

Let me give you a quick peak about my sitituation so I am 24 years old male from Turkey have bachelor degree , fluent english, My wife has started to work for Emirates airlines for 3 months already as a cabin crew . So my intention is to come Dubai and settle.

1. Can my wife sponsor me? her basic salary 4000 aed plus flying hours, with flying hours she ll be earning 10000 aed , which authorities require but i dont know if they consider basic salary as 10000 or total salary.

2. If my wife can not sponsor me. what kind of visa should i get to come, 3 months turist visa or some people I know has company in free zone , they can get me working visa if i cover expenses. If I get free zone visa ,what happens when I find real job to work, can i convert my visa to another company.

Basically which visa should i get while i am looking for job in dubai, tuorist visa or free zone working visa.

Thank you so much for any answer, I am about to get serious and emotional problems, as we are separated with my wife , please help me for God s sake.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
Your wife cannot sponsor you.
Only certain professional wives can sponsor their husbands - doctors, nurses, teachers and engineers.
You will need to come to Dubai on a tourist visa and then look for a job. Once you find a job, your company will sponsor you and get you a work visa.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve but as I received this email

Dear Customer;

Thank you for contacting DNRD.

Referring to your below email. Please be informed that the professions of “Doctors, Engineers and Teachers “can sponsor their husbands with salary of AED 3000 + accommodation or AED 4000. For the other professions the basic salary should be AED 9000 +accommodation or AED 10000 and holding university degree.

· Application form.
· A copy of the sponsor’s passport.
· A copy of the sponsored passport.
· Approved marriage certificate (From UAE embassy and the Ministry of foreign affairs + the Ministry of foreign affairs in UAE.).
· Educational certificate for the wife.
· Work contract if you are working in private company and salary certificate if you are working in the government.
· Tenancy contract attested from land department.
· AED 360 application fees.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Bit of a give away when it says:-

"the professions of “Doctors, Engineers and Teachers “can sponsor their husbands"

I don't see flight attendants on that list do you?

So that will be a "No" then.

Listen to what Steve said above, he is correct. getting a fraudulent working visa from your mate in the freezone is never a good move, the fact that you are considering it says a lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
For the other professions the basic salary should be AED 9000 +accommodation or AED 10000 and holding university degree. btw I am not getting fraud visa, They just say they can not afford my visa expenses and they can not offer me cool salary so it s fine for them if i ll be looking job. And I am not writing here to argue with someone.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Have you thought about how the two of you could survive on a flight attendant's salary?

Flight attendants usually live in shared accommodation, where do you think you will be living?

Have you researched the cost of living here?

The rules are there for a reason. This is not a good place to be in without a proper regular income.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
For the other professions the basic salary should be AED 9000 +accommodation or AED 10000 and holding university degree.
They will look at the salary (basic) which is there in the official labour contract. Most likely your wife's salary mentioned in the contract will only be 4,000.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you rsinner for proper response, i guess these members who responsed just want to criticize and being not helpfull

·
Super Moderator
6,963 Posts
Thank you rsinner for proper response, i guess these members who responsed just want to criticize and being not helpfull
The first response to your question was correct and "proper".
It is just a shame that it was not what you wanted to hear.
The answer does not change - regardless of how many times you ask the question!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The first response to your question was correct and "proper".
It is just a shame that it was not what you wanted to hear.
The answer does not change - regardless of how many times you ask the question!

i didt mean you, you just shared what you know other people were just being not helpfull

·
Registered
451 Posts
Immigration only follows what's mentioned in the labor contract. They will never consider flying ours or incentives.

I am just curious to know why would they allow a doctor/engineer/teacher you earns 4000 to sponsor whilst they require 10000 for other professions ?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Immigration only follows what's mentioned in the labor contract. They will never consider flying ours or incentives.

I am just curious to know why would they allow a doctor/engineer/teacher you earns 4000 to sponsor whilst they require 10000 for other professions ?
To cut down on the amount of people here without a job Mr. Abbass.

·
Super Moderator
6,963 Posts
Obviously I understand that. I mean why 4K for a doctor and 10K for an accountant ?
Hi,
It is a notional figure that does not (hopefully!) apply to doctors - but very much applies to nurses and teachers.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hi,
It is a notional figure that does not (hopefully!) apply to doctors - but very much applies to nurses and teachers.
Cheers
Steve
I know it's just an estimate and no doctors are paid that low, I am wondering about the idea of setting 2 thresholds for different professions.

Circumstances of an accountant with a family would be much similar to that of a teacher, why is the teacher allowed to sponsor on a lower pay ?

·
Super Moderator
6,963 Posts
Hi,
This is because the teacher, doctor, nurse etc. normally have a degree and are also licenced by the relevant competent body - HAAD, ADEC, KHDA, DHA etc.
Whereas accountants could simply be someone who can make 2+2=5 (or whatever the company wants to make it total!)
Cheers
Steve

1 - 20 of 21 Posts