Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
53,162 Posts
The only other suggestion might be to try a garden shop - Truffaut, Jardiland, etc. Though I'm not sure that this is exactly herb planting season. But you could get the plants and just set up a couple pots on the window sill.

Oddly enough, I just used up the last of my dried sauge and need to try and find more. Though the fresh sauge sounds like a good idea.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
753 Posts
My wife is the sage buyer and says she's bought it at a green grocer in St Paul on Saint Antoine across the street from Hotel de Sully towards Bastille. She's also seen it a the Indian grocers at La Chappell - Metro 2.

She now grows it from plants bought at HEMA on Rue de Rivoli

I think there's a sage exhibit going on at Jardin des Plantes. You could sneak in there in the dead of the night and clip, clip :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Has anyone managed to buy fresh sage in Paris? Can't find it anywhere.
I have seen it, unfortunately I can't recall exactly where at the moment as it is not something I look to buy regularly. It is either at one of the supermarkets in my area, an Asian grocer across the road or the regular green grocer in the square opposite where I live. I suspect it is the Asian grocer.

I can check for you in the coming days. (we live in the 5th close to Place Maubert)

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the sage advice. Much appreciated.

I was wandering down our own street, and passed a little fruit and vegetable stall. I'd already looked in there. But this time I stopped and asked if he had any sage. He said 'of course' and went out to the back room, and came out with some excellent fresh sage.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Life is like that? :)

D

I was wandering down our own street, and passed a little fruit and vegetable stall. I'd already looked in there. But this time I stopped and asked if he had any sage. He said 'of course' and went out to the back room, and came out with some excellent fresh sage.

·
Administrator
53,162 Posts

Always one of the big advantages of dealing with the local merchants! If you don't see what you're looking for, just ask. Even if they don't have it, they will probably know where you can get it - or offer to order it for you.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.