Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

My sibling is an US citizen and she wants to sponsor me and my parents for immigration visa. Now can anyone tell me what is the average waiting time (roughly) to get the immigration visa for me and my parents? Also how much each application is going to cost.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Best Regards

Faisal

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hello Everyone

My sibling is an US citizen and she wants to sponsor me and my parents for immigration visa. Now can anyone tell me what is the average waiting time (roughly) to get the immigration visa for me and my parents? Also how much each application is going to cost.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Best Regards

Faisal
Parents are easy. She can sponsor them now and it'll take anywhere from 9 months onwards for the visa to come through -- I err on the high side because I see you're in Dhaka. Estimate the total cost to be around $1500 each.

You're more of a problem. Your sister can sponsor you but you'll be waiting a decade or more before your visa is ready. Cost to join the line is $400. When your parents get here as permanent residents, they too can also sponsor you -- but there is also a long line for this category.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parents are easy. She can sponsor them now and it'll take anywhere from 9 months onwards for the visa to come through -- I err on the high side because I see you're in Dhaka. Estimate the total cost to be around $1500 each.

You're more of a problem. Your sister can sponsor you but you'll be waiting a decade or more before your visa is ready. Cost to join the line is $400. When your parents get here as permanent residents, they too can also sponsor you -- but there is also a long line for this category.
Thanks for the info. I will be in Aus in 6 months time. Do you think that can have any effect on my immigration visa processing for US? Also which way do you think it will be faster: My sister applying for me or my parents applying for me (after getting their visa)? Also I am married so will my wife get visa with me or do I have to apply for spouse visa after getting my own visa?

Sorry too many queries but will be glad if anyone can help?

Best Regards

Faisal

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will be in Aus in 6 months time. Do you think that can have any effect on my immigration visa processing for US? Also which way do you think it will be faster: My sister applying for me or my parents applying for me (after getting their visa)? Also I am married so will my wife get visa with me or do I have to apply for spouse visa after getting my own visa?

Sorry too many queries but will be glad if anyone can help?

Best Regards

Faisal

Get your sister to sponsor you now. If you're married, your parents can't sponsor you until they become citizens -- earliest 5 years after they become permanent residents. But if you reach that stage, get them also to put the petition in. There's a long wait in that category, too, I'm afraid.

For alternative routes to the US, give details to the affirmative answers here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts