Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am not really new to this forum. I have been a member for a while only that when I do post no one gets back to me:mad: . I moved to Toronto in January and I am finding it hard to make any girlfriends here. I am very out going and love meeting new people. I just really need some advice on what I can do to make some friends.

My second reason for posting is I have applied for my PR card a few weeks ago and my visa is expiring in January 2010 and I am unable to renew this visa. I was wondering whether I would be able to stay in Canada if my visa expires until a decision is made on my PR.

I am 25 years old on a working holiday visa (non student).

Brownie2010

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hi

I am not really new to this forum. I have been a member for a while only that when I do post no one gets back to me:mad: . I moved to Toronto in January and I am finding it hard to make any girlfriends here. I am very out going and love meeting new people. I just really need some advice on what I can do to make some friends.

My second reason for posting is I have applied for my PR card a few weeks ago and my visa is expiring in January 2010 and I am unable to renew this visa. I was wondering whether I would be able to stay in Canada if my visa expires until a decision is made on my PR.

I am 25 years old on a working holiday visa (non student).

Brownie2010
As far as your love life, or lack thereof, is concerned you'll have to be somewhat introspective. What is it that's "wrong" with you? Are you going to the right bars, nightclubs etc. Perhaps your UK humour doesn't go dowm well. Is there anyone who goes out with you that you can ask for an assessment of your personality? If you have no friends then I suggest you try a lower key/less pushy approach to life. Canadians are quieter people than UK'rs.

What type of visa are you presently on? Are you working?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.