Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came here to be with my girlfriend that i met while traveling in Europe, we are not ready to move forward, and get the fiance visa right away. Is there anyone out there who can either help or atleast point me in the right direction in finding a company who is keen to employ foriegn workers and sponsor them. Having a difficult time in attaining someone. Unless someone out there knows of a way to do it without all of the red tape and still be within the rules, so that i can work.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi mcar/,

Have you been through the threads at the forum? The 'PLEASE READ....' post has links to visas, jobs and sponsorship websites.

What visa are you on at the moment?
Is that you want to stay longer or that you want to work?

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply

I am on a tourist visa, and i want to stay and work, can you be more specific about what the "threads at the forum" means. I have been to many web sites promising that they can connect me with employers who will sponsor foriegn workers.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi,

If you come here from an email:
Click on Australia forum (see the menu on the right) that will take you to all the posts in this forum (the Australia forum where you posted your message :)).

The threads at the top are sticky posts - they don't move. They are there to help members with information about (nearly) all aspects of moving to and living in Australia.

The post 'PLEASE READ: Helpful websites for your move to Australia' is the post I was referring to and it has links to job and sponsorship websites.

I don't know if they are particularly good or not since I'm self employed but the job websites are popular ones and the sponsorship one is a website that one of the agents on here mentioned.

Unless your skill set is in demand it's unlikely that you will receive sponsorship since it'll be easier for companies to hire someone locally.

Regards,
Karen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.