Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all! I've been lurking for a long time and now my partner and I are in the process of applying for her spouse visa I have a few questions..

I'll try to (briefly) explain our situation followed by the questions I need answers to. Thanks in advance to anybody who reads and/or responds :)

So.. I'm the sponsor, living in the UK and my wife is in the process of applying for her spouse visa. We have done everything we can so far, including the booking of her biometrics appointment for the 28th of this month. The reason we had to wait until the 28th is because I only started a job at the beginning of this year that paid over £18,600 per year (i'm on £19000). On the 24th July I will have my 6th payslip so then we will be ready to post the application!

My question/s are as follows:

• By the 28th July, my wife will have her application printed, along with the VAF4A form and all of our supporting evidence (payslips, bank statements, invitation letter, SU07, letter from my employer etc..), once she attends her appointment, do the people there take the application & evidence to post or are we able to do it ourselves via an overnight UPS or some such?
  • The main question I want to ask is this, i'm worried as from reading around it seems to be taking people around 8-12 from posting of application to receiving passport back but I was going off of the gov.uk processing time calculator, which has settlement visas at 92% processed in 15 days.

So i'm confused, if we post the application on the 29th July for e.g to arrive on 31st July, 15 working days from there takes it to the 21st August. I'm hoping they send the passport back within a week, 2 at most? Even then, 2 weeks from the 21st August takes us to 4th September. That comes to 4-5 weeks, so can someone explain where the 8-12 week period i'm seeing mentioned comes from?

Sorry for the huge wall of text, i'm super anxious right now and just looking for some clear answers!

Thanks guys,

Alex

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
You've put the cart before the horse. Your supporting documents have to be in existence at the time of online application. Your most recent pay slip can be no more than 28 days old at the time of online application. If she's already submitted her online application then you can't submit any documents that are generated after that date so you can't submit your 24 July pay slip.

If you are applying from the US you do not need SU07.

US applicants are responsible for posting their own application, supporting documents and Appendix 2 to Sheffield.

Posted processing times are guidelines only. There is no guarantee that your application will be posted in a specific period of time and processing times vary for a variety of reasons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man :( so what is the next course of action now that the pay slip from the 24th July will be too old?

Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm usa, spouse is UK. We applied back in May, with paperwork delivered to Sheffield May 20th. Still no decision from Sheffield for us yet. I heard they are supposed to decide with 12 weeks, but I dont know what happens if they have yet yo reach a decision by then. We are so tempted to pay for the expideted decision, but with only a few weeks left...not sure that it's worth it. Be patient and good luck!

Regarding the shipping.. So you apply, pay nhs surcharge and she attends biometrics. After that she will need to ship everything, eith to you in the UK if you have documents that must be added, or direct to Sheffield. We used the VFS that the online system guided to for a full return shipping package instead of messing about doing our own. I also made a full copy if everything should something get lost if questions arise.

·
Registered
55 Posts
"It's from the date of online application
Great. I'm driving myself crazy reading these old threads. And now I have a feeling that we will get a refusal because I submitted the damn online application a few days before I should have. I was just worried about getting an appointment while I could in Edmonton. It's far away and I could only go certain days. I submitted and booked my appointment for the next week on the 23rd of June. My husband's 6th full payslip came in on the 26th, at which point he fed exed it to me with his bank statement and I included it when I submitted in person in the 30th. And according to what I'm reading, that will get me a refusal. I did include his contract, which states he started his job on December 8th, with salary well above requirement. I didn't include December payslip as it wasn't a full month. I included his end of month payslips from Jan-June. Two days ruins my application. I thought I was being so thorough :(

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Great. I'm driving myself crazy reading these old threads. And now I have a feeling that we will get a refusal because I submitted the damn online application a few days before I should have. I was just worried about getting an appointment while I could in Edmonton. It's far away and I could only go certain days. I submitted and booked my appointment for the next week on the 23rd of June. My husband's 6th full payslip came in on the 26th, at which point he fed exed it to me with his bank statement and I included it when I submitted in person in the 30th. And according to what I'm reading, that will get me a refusal. I did include his contract, which states he started his job on December 8th, with salary well above requirement. I didn't include December payslip as it wasn't a full month. I included his end of month payslips from Jan-June. Two days ruins my application. I thought I was being so thorough :(
What is the date on the latest payslip your husband has sent you? If it's 23rd June or before, you are in the clear. If it's later than 23rd, you will be at the discretion of ECO.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What is the date on the latest payslip your husband has sent you? If it's 23rd June or before, you are in the clear. If it's later than 23rd, you will be at the discretion of ECO.
Okay. I just should have submitted the online application on the 26th. Sigh. The latest payslip is dated June 26th. Online application was submitted June 23rd. Then corresponding bank statements showing pay going in at the end of every month. Starting with Jan ending with June. All other supporting docs from his company show his start date as December 8th and his salary, so maybe the Eco will take that into consideration. I'll find out in the morning ......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi all, I really appreciate all of your replies and they have definitely helped me and the Mrs get a better idea of what we need to do and when.

We cancelled the original application and are awaiting a refund. We'll now be waiting until after my 6th payslip on the 24th July to reapply!

I have one last question though, how necessary, as the sponsor, is my p60 as evidence?

By the 24th of July these are the documents my other half will have regarding my financial information:

- 6 bank statements highlighting my wage being paid in 6 times from February 24 - July 24th.

- 6 original pay slips showing my wage from Feb - July.

- official signed letter from employer confirming my job title, name and wage.

- original contract for the same job from Feb, detailing the same information but including smaller details like hours, overtime wage etc.

I'm just hesitant to send my p60 as I only started earning over the financial requirement in Feb and my p60 from 2014-2015 will show me as having earned under the requirement.

Thanks again guys! :)

Alex

·
Registered
423 Posts
Is it completely necessary to send the p60? I wasn't sure if it was a required document. We weren't planning on sending it either since it was only up until April, so a majority of the payslips we are sending won't even be reflected on it. I know we can attach a note to it, but I would rather not send it and possibly confuse the ECO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I mean considering I'm giving bank statements, wage slips, letter from senior manager plus my original contract, I'm hoping I can just do without sending it.

Does anyone have an experience of a successful application sent without a p60?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
If you have your P60 and it covers all or part of the time that you are relying on to meet the financial requirement, you should send it. As I said, just attach a note explaining why it differs from your pay slips. It will not be confusing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok cool :) can I request a p60 from HMRC as I changed companies I'm February and don't have a full year one?

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yeah we are applying under category B next month, so part of it will be covered on the p60. We can just attach a note, I was just worried that they would see that and then wonder why things didnt match up. He has had 2 pay raises over the last year...so I didnt want that to affect our application at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.