Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Canadian citizen. I met a fabulous British guy a few years ago online. After numerous in person visits, I want him to come and live with me here in Canada. Problem is he scores 4 points short for a work visa. He is currently in a situation where he is being made redundant and has ample money to support himself for although that's not needed as I work I know he can come and visit for 6 months what are his chances of extending that for an additional 6 months. We need to live together for 12 consecutive months before I can even think of sponsoring him. What is the best route in this situation? Are there any other avenues we can look at. Please any help is appreciated

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I am a Canadian citizen. I met a fabulous British guy a few years ago online. After numerous in person visits, I want him to come and live with me here in Canada. Problem is he scores 4 points short for a work visa. He is currently in a situation where he is being made redundant and has ample money to support himself for although that's not needed as I work I know he can come and visit for 6 months what are his chances of extending that for an additional 6 months. We need to live together for 12 consecutive months before I can even think of sponsoring him. What is the best route in this situation? Are there any other avenues we can look at. Please any help is appreciated
While visiting he can apply for extension to his 6 month visiting time. He should not wait untl the last moment before doing so. I have read of people who have extended their visit permission 2 and 3 times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.