Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone,
This is my fisrt post on this forum although Ive been reading it for a while.
Our story is long : ) and I have some questions to ask.
I lived in the UK on a working visa (special for Turkish citizens) for 6 years.
Me and my husband (boyfriend at the time) moved to Turkey in 2011 July and got married in September, still live in Turkey together.
Because I stoped working in the UK I no longer have a valid visa. The last one expired November 2011.
Now we want to move back to England, he is not happy with the job he has here.
and taking over his parents bussiness (not on the paper)in England, basically gonna be working for them. We will be living with his parents as a start.
Do you think it is ok to apply for a spouse visa before my husband starts working in England. We will support the application with usual stuff and a job offer letter which explains the situation (parents business and he will be working for them when we are back)?
Or does he have to back to England and starts working 3 months before we apply for the visa?
The only thing is we want to move back England together, dont want to spend any time apart.
He is a British citizen by the way.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks very much.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Because your husband is already a British citizen, you could both come to England on a spouse visa provided your husband is able to demonstrate support and maintenance for both of you.

The only difficulty you really have is proving how your husband (as the UK citizen) will support you both, because he's not working for his parents' business yet (presumably). If that's the case, you'll need to have a think about what documentary proof you can provide for the money he will be making, and where you will both be living. However, this is a relatively small difficulty, and a successful application will mean you can come to the UK together.

This link should get you started: UK Border Agency | Applying from outside the UK.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Hello everyone,
This is my fisrt post on this forum although Ive been reading it for a while.
Our story is long : ) and I have some questions to ask.
I lived in the UK on a working visa (special for Turkish citizens) for 6 years.
Me and my husband (boyfriend at the time) moved to Turkey in 2011 July and got married in September, still live in Turkey together.
Because I stoped working in the UK I no longer have a valid visa. The last one expired November 2011.
Now we want to move back to England, he is not happy with the job he has here.
and taking over his parents bussiness (not on the paper)in England, basically gonna be working for them. We will be living with his parents as a start.
Do you think it is ok to apply for a spouse visa before my husband starts working in England. We will support the application with usual stuff and a job offer letter which explains the situation (parents business and he will be working for them when we are back)?
Or does he have to back to England and starts working 3 months before we apply for the visa?
The only thing is we want to move back England together, dont want to spend any time apart.
He is a British citizen by the way.
Under current rules, it's possible to be approved for a spouse visa on the strength of projected job offer and UK income. You just have to enclose supporting documents to back up your statement.

As you probably now, rules for family migration are under review and new rules are rumoured to be much tougher, requiring existing UK sponsor's income of £25,700 without dependants. Also rumoured is external sponsorship won't be admissible. So your husband will then have to go to UK ahead of you and get established with a job and own housing before you can apply. No details have been released, but announcement is expected shortly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the help. I would like to clarify a couple of other points if I may.
Firstly if the new immigration rules come into affect there may be an issue with housing. You mentioned above about sorting out your own housing. Does this mean just sorting rented accommodation? For example we had intended to stay with my husband's parents at least in the short term. They own a house with a spare room for us.
Secondly as we will be managing my in-laws small business what will be deemed as necessary supporting documents, as proof of a full time job in the UK. For example we are worried a letter offering this position from my husband's parents may seem insufficient.
Thanks.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Thanks for the help. I would like to clarify a couple of other points if I may.
Firstly if the new immigration rules come into affect there may be an issue with housing. You mentioned above about sorting out your own housing. Does this mean just sorting rented accommodation? For example we had intended to stay with my husband's parents at least in the short term. They own a house with a spare room for us.
We don't know the details yet, but it will be safer to assume that you either rent a place of your own, or if living in a property owned by his parents, you pay them commercial rent, with rental agreement etc.

Secondly as we will be managing my in-laws small business what will be deemed as necessary supporting documents, as proof of a full time job in the UK. For example we are worried a letter offering this position from my husband's parents may seem insufficient.
Again it should be on a commercial basis, so they should draw up an employment contract with salary indicated etc, as they would do for any other employee.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I have some questions again...

as i said my husband is taking over his parents bussiness. is it ok to start to get paid above 18.600 GBP from august (and we will aply for the visa 6 months from august) and he stays in turkey? his parents are gonna run the bussiness but he will get paid. Do you think that will be a problem or as long as he has the payslips money in the account and bank statements, it will be ok?
I know its bit silly but we have the option not to be away from each other for 6 months.

any opinions about this?
thanks.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
hello, I have some questions again...

as i said my husband is taking over his parents bussiness. is it ok to start to get paid above 18.600 GBP from august (and we will aply for the visa 6 months from august) and he stays in turkey? his parents are gonna run the bussiness but he will get paid. Do you think that will be a problem or as long as he has the payslips money in the account and bank statements, it will be ok?
I know its bit silly but we have the option not to be away from each other for 6 months.

any opinions about this?
thanks.
An important thing would be taxes-will he be paying in on those payslips in both the UK and Turkey per whatever tax laws are in place in both countries to cover work like telecommuting? However, more important is:

How will it be explained to the UKBA?

It might seem deceptive, and the UKBA has stated in all their publications that the Entry Clearance Officers (ECO) will be examining applicant's financial details very closely for deception and fraud. It seems to me this might look fraudulent to the UKBA considering the following:

At the time of application, he is:

*in Turkey
*and being paid from the UK
*for a job that is in the UK
*that conveniently started just six months before the application is made
*and is in the exact amount that meets the new required income.

I'm not sure if that would pass inspection even if his job could be considered telecommuting. However, I may be wrong, and luckily there are a lot of much smarter people on the forum who will gladly correct me if needed:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.