Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I will be moving from New York City to Spain sometime early next year and would very much appreciate any recommendations you might have for international movers who can make our relocation go seamlessly. Thanks in advance for your advice and recommendations.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good evening Tim, I'm sure your aware but here goes anyway, Spain operates 230v so if you intend shipping a lot of mains power appliances it may be worth you looking at selling them in the USA and replacing in Spain, used or from Amazon Spain et al. Its worth checking your electrical gear, these days some will run 120-230.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tim, thanks for the tip. I'll check them Laser International.

Max, I appreciate your caution and had already planned to leave our appliances because of the voltage differences - including, sadly, our KitchenAid mixer. But, it will give us the opportunity to explore new things as well.

tim

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here you go Tim, its not the end of the world and if you brows with Google Chrome it translates for you ;)

I've been a lurker here for a while basically trawling information for when I retire to Spain (early) and have just bought my fixer upper finca but will be UK based still for about 24 months while its remodelled slowly but surely. Lots of information on this forum if you look for it or ask.

Enjoy your move, Spain and its people are welcoming and its a great base for cheap flights for you to explore Europe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife and I will be moving from New York City to Spain sometime early next year and would very much appreciate any recommendations you might have for international movers who can make our relocation go seamlessly. Thanks in advance for your advice and recommendations.
When we moved our stuff from Austin, Texas to near Malaga we used Rainier Overseas Movers (based in Seattle). They and their local agents were good, and the price, while not the very cheapest, was reasonable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts