Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am Rahul Dutta from India, a new joinee of this forum. I need some information regarding Australian immegration.

I have 4 years of experience in IT sector (Software development field) and my highest qualification is Bachelor of technology with Computer Science major. I want to immegrate in Australia.

I have done ACS and they given me Software developer position for migration. As a next step, i have already given IELTS general training exam. Below is my score

Reading 8.5
Listening 8.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 6.5

I dont know why, but in speaking section i got less than 7. ( I dont know what is the reason)

My Question is, Can i submit EOI with this score? will they accept my EOI application?

Or i need to give again the IELTS exam. ( Giving IELTS is not a big issue, but really lost my faith on this exam after scoring less than 7 in speaking section, which i think is not correct according to my believe. Also, again i need to spend another Rs. 10 k)

Can you please help me regarding my questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Rahul Dutta

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi All,

I am Rahul Dutta from India, a new joinee of this forum. I need some information regarding Australian immegration.

I have 4 years of experience in IT sector (Software development field) and my highest qualification is Bachelor of technology with Computer Science major. I want to immegrate in Australia.

I have done ACS and they given me Software developer position for migration. As a next step, i have already given IELTS general training exam. Below is my score

Reading 8.5
Listening 8.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 6.5

I dont know why, but in speaking section i got less than 7. ( I dont know what is the reason)

My Question is, Can i submit EOI with this score? will they accept my EOI application?

Or i need to give again the IELTS exam. ( Giving IELTS is not a big issue, but really lost my faith on this exam after scoring less than 7 in speaking section, which i think is not correct according to my believe. Also, again i need to spend another Rs. 10 k)

Thanks & Regards,
Rahul Dutta
My $0.02 --> give IELTS again and gather valuable points by getting a 7/ 8 band, will surely help you get an invite later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks buddy for your input. But if i apply EOI with this number, is there any chance to get the acceptence? i mean is it acceptable?

Or, without having 7 in each and every catagory, i cant proceed with EOI ?

Please reply.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi All,

Reading 8.5
Listening 8.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 6.5

Thanks & Regards,
Rahul Dutta
Hi Rahul,

firstly, How much is your overall points under 189/190? If you hold 60 points without IELTS, immediately lodge your EOI under 189 and 190. If not so, then , i strongly recommend you to sit for IELTS examination again and try to score 7 in all sections of IELTS to claim 10 points for English. Moreover, ensure that you talk to people in english on skype/phone/in person at least 2/3 hours a day regularly. This will build up your confidence levels to speak up to mark as expected by the examiner.

You may submit an EOI with even 50 points by choosing regional sponsorship and the status may show that your application is submitted. However, getting an invite is different story that will be done by DIAC based on overall points scores. An interesting and happy news is that DIAC started inviting candidates holding 60 points in recent round. So, let me know your individual points for various factors and i can direct you more accurately.

Regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Thanks buddy for your input. But if i apply EOI with this number, is there any chance to get the acceptence? i mean is it acceptable?

Or, without having 7 in each and every catagory, i cant proceed with EOI ?

Please reply.
Buddy,

Well, to be eligible for getting skills assessment, you should get 6 bands in each section of IELTS and to get an invite, you should meet the minimum points scores that is 60 under 189, 55 under 190 and 50 under 489 visa categories.

You can apply for EOI without having 7 in each also but you wont get points for English.

Tell me your individual points scores for age, education, experience, English, spouse etc.

Sathiya

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Sathiya,
Thanks for the information.

Please find below my details and guide me what to do next.

My Age - 26
Highest Qualifiction - B.Tech in Computer science
Work experience in IT sector - 4 years ( Previous company - infosys, current- Siemens)
English - overall 7.5 (r-8.5, listen - 8.5, wrting- 7.5, Speak - 6.5)
marital status - no ( still bachelor) .. :)
ACS- +ve ( software developer role)

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Also, can i apply on visa class - 190, 489 ?

Can you please brief me about the subclasses... please

Thanks in advance,
Rahul

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Sathiya,
Thanks for the information.

Please find below my details and guide me what to do next.

My Age - 26
Highest Qualifiction - B.Tech in Computer science
Work experience in IT sector - 4 years ( Previous company - infosys, current- Siemens)
English - overall 7.5 (r-8.5, listen - 8.5, wrting- 7.5, Speak - 6.5)
marital status - no ( still bachelor) .. :)
ACS- +ve ( software developer role)

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Also, can i apply on visa class - 190, 489 ?

Can you please brief me about the subclasses... please

Thanks in advance,
Rahul
Hi Rahul,

Your points individually and overall are given below.

Education: 15
experience; 0 (ACS deducts 2 years, so for 2 years, you get 0 points)
English: 0 (speaking is 6.5)/10 (if individual scores are 7+)

Total points: 45 (currently)/55 (if scores are 7+ individually)

Your chances for the circumstances denoted above:

1. With your current scores, unfortunately, you are not eligible for any visas as you didn't meet the minimum points of 50 to get 489 visa. In short, you are fall a shortage of 5 points under this visa.

2. Secondly, needless to say that you are not eligible for 190 and 189 visas as well taking your present situation into consideration. As they need your points 55 and 60 respectively.

My advice to maximize your chances:

1. Sit for IELTS and score 7+ in all sections of IELTS with which you can get 10 points for English. this will enhance your scores to 55 where you will be eligible for 190 visa. Again, the sooner you do this, the better your chances will be as no one knows when all states close their doors for nominating the candidates for 190 visa.

2. With advent of new rule, ACS deducts initial 2 years that resulted no points for you under work experience. If you gain 1 more year of work experience, then you can get 5 points additionally. With this, your points scores will become 60 and you will be eligible for 189 visa as well.

3. If you can't wait for 1 year and want to immigrate to aussie immediately, then , sit for IELTS and score 7 bands in all sections to get 190 visa. Even, if you score 8 in each section, you can get 20 points foe english making your points 70. this is enough to get invitation in the very next round itself.

Hit "like" button if someone shares useful information.

all the best,
sathiya

Reactions: nuked

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Sathiya,
Thanks for your inputs.

I havent heard about the 2 years deduction in ACS. is it a new rule? i checked the website also, but havent got anything like that.

As i have 4 years of experience, i counted the 5 points there.
Also, my ACS is cleared and they certified me as 4 years experienced software developer. If i wait for another 1 year, then that mean again i need to apply for ACS.

Am i getting right?

Thanks in advance,
Rahul Dutta

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Sathiya,
Thanks for your inputs.

I havent heard about the 2 years deduction in ACS. is it a new rule? i checked the website also, but havent got anything like that.

As i have 4 years of experience, i counted the 5 points there.
Also, my ACS is cleared and they certified me as 4 years experienced software developer. If i wait for another 1 year, then that mean again i need to apply for ACS.

Am i getting right?

Thanks in advance,
Rahul Dutta
hi rahul,

you didn't mention this yet, right?. See, if your experience is certified by acs as skilled, then you will get 5 points for work experience. i thought that you are going to apply for skills assessment. the reduction of 2 years of work experience is the new rule that is only applicable for new people who lodge their applications for skills assessment.

in your case, hence, your points will be 50 making you eligible for lodging regional sponsored visa, tha is 489 with current points itself. But, if you are able to score 7 bands in each, then you will be eligible for 189 and 190 visas too..

So, you are on the safe side now.

Regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Sathiya,
Thanks for your input .

Can you please brief me about the 3 visa sub classes? if possible.

189, 190 and 489.

my only concern is, if i apply for 489, then will it be disadvantageous than 189 and 190?

Thanks,
Rahul Dutta

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Thanks Sathiya,
Thanks for your input .

Can you please brief me about the 3 visa sub classes? if possible.

189, 190 and 489.

my only concern is, if i apply for 489, then will it be disadvantageous than 189 and 190?

Thanks,
Rahul Dutta
Rahul,

There is no advantage and disadvantage in visa. It is all about whether you are eligible for visas and which one suits you. If you are not eligible for 189 and 190 visas, as a lats resort, you can go under 489 visa. Please go through below links for brief about all these 3 visas.

Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa

Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa

Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa

If you still have any doubts after going through these links, do post them here.

Sathiya

1 - 12 of 12 Posts