Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm loacted in Bangalore, currently working as Software Professional. Me along with my family are planning to move to france on Skill and Talent Visa which allows IT professionals to work in France. Can somebody give more information about who will be the right people to process this Visa and how is the cost of life there and initially whom to approach for applying jobs there.
Thanks in advance!!
Sujana.

·
Administrator
49,476 Posts
AFAIK, you apply for the Skills and Talents visa through the local consulate, the same as for any other long-stay visa. The big difference, however, is that you need to propose a "project" that will use your skills and talents to benefit either France, your home country, or both. It's not a "free pass" to come to France and look for a job.

The best place to find more information would be on the website of your local French consulate.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AFAIK, you apply for the Skills and Talents visa through the local consulate, the same as for any other long-stay visa. The big difference, however, is that you need to propose a "project" that will use your skills and talents to benefit either France, your home country, or both. It's not a "free pass" to come to France and look for a job.

The best place to find more information would be on the website of your local French consulate.
Cheers,
Bev
Hi Bev,
Thanks for the information, we will be joining french classes this week and i also went through your tips for people who want to come to France..quick question Bev, i have a baby who is 2yrs, so will be coming with my son and my husband,I'm into software profession, so how long will it take for me to get into a job.Initially will you provide us with any sources which can help us to find basic accomodation and placements consultants.

Thanks,
Sujana

·
Administrator
49,476 Posts
Hi Bev,
Thanks for the information, we will be joining french classes this week and i also went through your tips for people who want to come to France..quick question Bev, i have a baby who is 2yrs, so will be coming with my son and my husband,I'm into software profession, so how long will it take for me to get into a job.Initially will you provide us with any sources which can help us to find basic accomodation and placements consultants.

Thanks,
Sujana
Who has the Skills and Talent visa? You or your husband?

It can take a long time to find a job in France these days, depending on your level of French and your background. If you really have something to offer that is in short supply in the French economy, I'd still figure on one to three months. Job decisions just seem to take time here.

I'd start looking online at what sorts of accommodation are available - if only to get a feel for prices. Les annonces immobilières | PAP.fr is for sales and rentals of property directly from the current owner/landlord. While you may not be in a situation to negotiate your own lease on arrival, it will give you an idea of basic costs. Figure one to two months' rent as commission if you go through an agent.

For job placement, I'm really not sure, especially for software work - other than (again) looking for French professional journals online with job ads.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.