Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am planning to submit my documents at ACS, i am an MCA post graduate and prior to MCA i completed B.Sc Computer science from Osmania University, Hyderabad.

Now i have convocation of my highest qualification i.e, MCA.
but i don't have B.Sc convocation with me i did not apply till now,if i apply for it will take 2-3 months of time.

can anyone please let me know whether submitting both B.Sc and MCA convocation is needed for ACS or else highest qualication's i.e in my case MCA convocation is sufficent.

waiting for reply, :juggle:

Thank you,
Satish.E

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Do you have a degree/ passing certificate at least? If not, do your transcripts make it sufficiently clear about the date your successfully passed the degree?

As for your second question- No, you have to submit both your B.Sc and MCA both (and not just the highest qualification).

I recommend you download and study Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf from the ACS website.

All the best.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi KeeDaa,

Yes, I have transcripts(marks sheet) making showing clearly the year of passing for B.Sc but i don't have convocation certificate for MCA i have both transcripts and convocation certificate.
do i need to apply for B.Sc too for convocation certificate are the transcripts i.e, mark sheet is sufficent.

Please let me know,

Thank you,
Satish.E

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Satish,

The requirement is that all your subjects should be readable/ understandable so that the assessor can make a decision about how closely are they related to your nominated occupation. Then, there should be a clear statement about when (month+year) you completed (or were awarded) the degree- note- it is about the degree and not about when the exams were conducted, or you appeared for the exams. This date by far is the most important one for their calculations, and therefore they will need this one to be clearly stated. If you are certain that you meet these requirements, then give it a try. But, I haven't come across anyone here on these forums yet who got through with just the marksheets/ transcripts.

Yes, the graduation degree also has to be provided for assessment. Page#7 of Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf clearly says so.

If there is a slightest doubt that your current documentation might not meet the date related requirements, then apply for the certificates and wait. It is just the beginning of the immigration program, so there really isn't a need to hurry, and moreover, you can always visit the university office and try to expedite the process.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi KeeDa,

Thank you, for your valuable reply. i have gone through the mentioned Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf suggested, i will apply for my degree (B.Sc) convocation at university and will wait for its arrival after that i apply for ACS.

Thank you,
Satish.E

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi KeeDaa,

could you please let me the below towards submitting documents for skill assessment ACS for software engineer category

1)Under which category can i submit my HR relieving letters and Experience letters?
can i submit under reference category type?

2) There is another type of document called Company chart what is it?

Please let me know as i need to submit the docs for ACS Skill assessment.

Thank you,
Satish.E

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
1) Merge the joining letters, experience letters, payslips, etc at the end of your reference/ SD pdf document and attach it under the Reference category.

2) Company chart is optional but recommended. This gives a pictorial comparison of your position in the organization with that of the person who authored your reference letter (as they have to be sure that the author is not a junior colleague). For the entire process including what a company chart is- refer this thread: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/platypus-den/469793-my-journey-australia-google-page-ranking.html

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi KeeDaa,

I got my skill assessment report from ACS,as per the assessment report ACS
Please find the below

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the
ANZSCO Code.

Your qualifications have been assessed as follows:
Your Master of Computer Applications from Osmania University completed August 2004 has
been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a major in computing.
Your Bachelor of Science from Osmania University completed April 2001 has been assessed as
comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after August 2007 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 10/04 - 09/06 (1yrs 11mths)
Position: Software Consultant
Dates: 09/06 - 04/07 (0yrs 7mths)
Position: Software Engineer
Dates: 05/07 - 06/10 (3yrs 1mths)
Position: Senior Systems Engineer
Dates: 09/10 - 02/12 (1yrs 5mths)
Position: Senior Software Engineer

The following employment has been assessed as not suitable.
Dates: 12/13 - 06/15 (0yrs 0mths)
Position: Senior Consultant - Not Assessable due to Insufficient Documentation

but my current company experience is not assessed due insufficient documentation, can you please let me know whether i can resubmit only the current employment documents to ACS i.e; all the artifacts needed to get my current job experience assessed, and how much time do ACS take to assess again? is it good to do it ?

as per ACS they have considered 7 yrs experience, but in total i am having 8.9yrs of experience.

as my current employment experience is not assessed does it create any problem in future while PR visa processing?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Strange that they did not write to you for that insufficient documentation.

Anyways, I see that you already would now be eligible with 4.5 years of suitable experience (after Aug-2007 till Feb-2012)- i.e. 5 points. If reassessed, you would get additional 18 or 19 months (as of July) and into the 5 years bracket = 10 points. If you want these points, are willing to spend on reassessment again, and willing to wait for it, then definitely go for reassessment. But, do check about what got missed? Read the instructions in Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf and then provide the correct reference letter from the current company.

No, an employment not getting assessed does not create any problem- as long as you ensure not to claim any points towards it. People have skipped an employment episode, and have got positive outcome as well as visa without any problems. They did it for various reasons like that employment not being really suitable, or employer not willing to provide the reference, or due to lack of documentation (were paid in cash, etc, and thus no solid evidence of being employed).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi KeeDaa,

(after Aug-2007 till Feb-2012) its is 7yrs of experience, so i will be getting 10 points.

if i apply again for reassessment will all docs i will have 15 points, as of now i am having 60 points , if reassessment is done i will be having 65 points,
but how much time do ACS take to get my current profile reassessed. is it fine to go for reassessment now or can i move forward with EOI.
Please suggest

:juggle:

Strange that they did not write to you for that insufficient documentation.

Anyways, I see that you already would now be eligible with 4.5 years of suitable experience (after Aug-2007 till Feb-2012)- i.e. 5 points. If reassessed, you would get additional 18 or 19 months (as of July) and into the 5 years bracket = 10 points. If you want these points, are willing to spend on reassessment again, and willing to wait for it, then definitely go for reassessment. But, do check about what got missed? Read the instructions in Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf and then provide the correct reference letter from the current company.

No, an employment not getting assessed does not create any problem- as long as you ensure not to claim any points towards it. People have skipped an employment episode, and have got positive outcome as well as visa without any problems. They did it for various reasons like that employment not being really suitable, or employer not willing to provide the reference, or due to lack of documentation (were paid in cash, etc, and thus no solid evidence of being employed).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi KeeDa,

Can you please let me know the procedure ACS reassessment, how much time it take get the reassessed result from ACS. do i need to resubmit only the documents which were not considered for assessing first time ,in my case current company docs were not assessed stating as below

Employer:

Kindly let me know i am in need of another 5points to make total as 60points so that i can move further.

Thank you,
Satish.E

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Reassessment time should not be any different than normal processing times- which we have seen lately as 0 days (yes, same day assessment result received) to around 22 days. It all depends on how many employment episodes you submit and how much documentation. And maybe depends on their workload too.

For reassessment, you have to use the "link to existing application" option. This way it becomes easier for them to identify you and your case from the past assessment. You will already see your old documentation listed there when you use this option. So, all you have to do is provide for just this new one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi KeeDaa,

I am going for reassessment of my application with ACS. First time i have submitted the below docs

A. Education
1)B.Sc Computer Science (Degree Certificate and Transcripts)
2)M.C.A i.e Master Of Computer Applications (Post Graduate Certificate and Transcript)

B. Work Experience

1st company
Relieving Letter & Statutory Declaration on plain white paper (not on legal stamp paper) which is attested notary by advocate

2nd Company
Experience Letter & Relieving Letter

3rd Company

4rth Company

5th Company that is my current working company

Appointment Letter and Statutory Declaration on plain white paper (not on legal stamp paper) which is attested notary by advocate

and got the below report from ACS

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the
ANZSCO Code.

Your qualifications have been assessed as follows:
Your Master of Computer Applications from Osmania University completed August 2004 has
been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a major in computing.
Your Bachelor of Science from Osmania University completed April 2001 has been assessed as
comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after August 2007 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 10/04 - 09/06 (1yrs 11mths)
Position: Software Consultant

Dates: 09/06 - 04/07 (0yrs 7mths)
Position: Software Engineer

Dates: 05/07 - 06/10 (3yrs 1mths)
Position: Senior Systems Engineer

Dates: 09/10 - 02/12 (1yrs 5mths)
Position: Senior Software Engineer

for reassessment for my current experience, i have requested my company HR department to provide service letter mentioning my roles and responsibilities seems they are unable to provide me service letter as it is against the company policy. so i have gone through the Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf in page NO:11 under
11. STATUTORY DECLARATIONS AND AFFIDAVITS

it is mentioned as

Only one of the following additional documents will be required for all Statutory Declarations or Affidavits:
 Payslip – preferably first & last payslip
 Human Resource statement or Service Certificate
 Termination Letter with corresponding dates

could you please let me while submitting documents for reassessment,whether i need submit payslips for all the companies which i mentioned above i.e. from company 1 to company 5 or else i need to submit payslips of the companies for which i have submitted the statutory declaration.also let me know what other details i can submit so that this time, i will get 10 poinst form ACS.

Is statutory declaration must be done on a legal stamp paper only or on white paper is sufficent? with what denomination?

Please clarify.

Thank you,
Satish.E

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi Satish,

For reassessment, you have to upload only documents pertaining to the additional work experience that you are getting assessed (or the one that had failed earlier). All documents from your previous application would be there in their system and need not be uploaded again.

Yes, for SD, you have to provide payslips. Append them towards the end of the SD.
SD should be on non-judicial stamp paper and not on a blank paper.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi KeeDaa,

Need your suggestion. my current employee was not assessed due to insufficient documentation.
Now I am going for reassessment for my current experience updated with
1)SD over 100 rupees (INR) non judicial stamp paper
2) pay slips from starting month and 1 per every quarter from dec 2013 to june 2015 and last 3 months pay slips
3) bank statements
4) employee ID card of the declaring person
5)My employee ID card
6)My Business Card
7)Form 16 for tax details

Are the above mentioned documents sufficient?

For reassessment which option I must select, I can see 6 options by default on 3rd option is selected when I logged into my account.
5th option is Review of skills assessment result - $395.00AUD – must be logged within 60days of previous assessment and new documentation or information can be added to support your claim.
6th Appeal of Skills assessment result result - $395.00 AUD – must be logged within 60days of previous assessment and NO documentation or information can be submitted.

Please suggest, so that I can proceed for my reassessment process.

Regards&Thanks
Satish.E

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
The 7 points you listed look fine to me to go for reassessment. However, I don't know about those 6 options, but just 3. I am on vacation and on a very slow connection, so am not able to open the acs website. So, just choose accordingly- if doing within 60 days, then use that option (will save money), or else use the third one "link to existing" option.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi KeeDa,

I have applied for revaluation at ACS for my current organization on 23rd June,2015.
Still waiting for the result, ACS mentioned approximate time of 12 weeks to get back.
Could you please let me know how much time they may take in order to give a report, I only applied
For reassessment of the current organization’s experience. For first time assessment I got result in 3days.

Thanks&Regards
Satish.E

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Should not take any longer just because it is a reassessment. It all depends on various factors I think- must be their own workload too during a certain period. But, they are pretty fast these days. Give it a week or two and in the interim, prepare for the next/ other processes.

All the best.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts