Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a Bouygues prepaid sim card and i am planning to have a post paid package. 3 cheap options would be free, bandyou and sosh. I heard free has issues with network at times and other two are good as they are owned by bouygues and orange. as they almost have the same plans, which one do you suggest.

Also, I want to keep my old and use the number portability service while changing the network. How long does it take to have the number portability done?
and what will happen to my number during that time? will i be able to make calls or my sim will be out of service?

thanks

·
Administrator
51,620 Posts
I've heard about the issues with Free's network, but haven't really run into it myself. Free uses Orange's network if you're out of range of one of the Free relays.

Basically, when you sign up online, you give them your current number and they will set up your account and send you a new sim. You have to activate the sim after you receive it, and until you do so, your old sim should work perfectly well.

The website for Free has all the basic information about how to port your old number over to your Free account. I assume the other services have something similar on their sites. It actually works rather easily and well.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so, you are ar saying there should not be any break in the service. I was searching on some network's website(dont remember which one), it asks me to choose a date to transfer to new network. and in some other forums it said it will take 3working days. no one says whether your number will work during those 3days or not. i am still confused. can you give me any link where you have details about it. thanks for the info

·
Administrator
51,620 Posts
I've got Free, so take a look at the Free mobile phone website. But I did transfer from a "subscription" account with one of the big mobile phone providers. I notified them that I wanted to end my service on a particular date. I got my Free SIM a day or two before that day, activated it and had service on my new phone pretty much right away.

Not sure how things would work with a pay-as-you-go arrangement.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.