Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I'm planning to submit my docs for Skill Migration Assessment to ACS.

The problem is that the 1st company for which I was working was a start up and didn't survive for much long, so its close now.

Is it advisable to keep this company in my profile? As I don't think if the ACS would try to reach them they would not able to get back any reply from them.

Suppose if I remove this company from my profile I would be loosing few points. :(

And one more thing is that the last company for which I was working was a US based MNC and has been acquired by an Indian MNC, but I do have the later of transfer-ship of employment from my present employer.

Please do help me with this.

·
Registered
232 Posts
for your 1st company your have a service letter... additionally if you still have contacts with any other person with whom you worked ask tht person to sign on the affidavit of your job roles. if that is not possible then you do a self declaration.

if you can get a letter of job from tht Indian MNC for the time period you worked thts enough..
if you are still working in the same company and you can not get the job roles in the companys letter head jus take a affidavit from one of your colleague and mention in the affidavit that that the US company was taken over by Indian company..

·
Registered
97 Posts
eager2fly said:
Dear All,

The problem is that the 1st company for which I was working was a start up and didn't survive for much long, so its close now.

Is it advisable to keep this company in my profile? As I don't think if the ACS would try to reach them they would not able to get back any reply from them.

Suppose if I remove this company from my profile I would be loosing few points. :(

And one more thing is that the last company for which I was working was a US based MNC and has been acquired by an Indian MNC, but I do have the later of transfer-ship of employment from my present employer.

1. ACS is a skills verification org...as far as I know they will not do any background check of your employment...but yes if they find something fishy with the docs that you submitted, they might just warn the immigration authority when they cross verify with ACS.As someone already said, there is no harm n getting a reference letter from your ex colleague who worked in a senior position.
2. Companies are always acquired...no big deal and ACS knows about it. Don't worry about that...all you need to mention in your service letter is your work tenure with the company on the whole...

I worked for the same company in 2 different countries (and it was acquired twice by two big compaies) with the obvious change in name....so , only thing I did differently with the service letter from this company is draw a table on the top mentioning the designation and the from and to dates along with the name of the org. E.g.

1. Aaa India pvt ltd 12-10-2006 to 12-12-2007 Software Engg.
2. Aaa UK plc 13-12-2007 to 13-10-2009 software engg.

Luckily for me the designation was same across the whole tenure....but you can be more specific on ur designation as given in your offer letter or the transfer letter.

Cheers,
MK

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dear All,

Hi,

I was in a similar situation like yours.

As for your first company, if you can find someone who can give you reference letter its fine, if not, self declaration is strictly not accepted by the ACS. So, you can ignore that company. In my case, I did the same by ignoring that company, even though, I lost points for it. :(

For your 2nd question, my friend encountered a similar situation, where in he just produced the letter of name change.

All the best.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi eager2fly,

I agree with the previous comments - you need some sort of referee (former colleague etc.) who would be willing to issue a reference letter or statutory declaration. Likewise, company name-changes should be clearly indicated in the reference letter.

Source: ACS Employment FAQ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.