Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member to this forum and looking for your help to fill my Vaf4a application form.

My husband is in UK, currently doing two jobs to reach the limit of 18,600. He has pay slips from both 12 month period. From the list provided under 3.3 we are able to select part 3A. But having difficulties under this category to select A or B because 3.11 asks about the annual income 'from this employment'

1. If we select Cat A, do I have to make a copy of the same page and attach to the application for the 2nd job?

2. If I continue with Cat B, then can we proceed with 12 months salary history and continue this section onward without thinking of CatA (that means under Cat B)

3. Under 3.20 can I calculate and mention total of what exactly my hubby earned during last 12 months from both jobs. If I select this option must I continue this section under Cat B.

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
You apply under Cat A. Put the details of one job on the form, and the details of second job under 'Other information'. Just state you meet the requirement under Cat A.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa for your quick reply.

Few clarifications when filling the

3.11 What is your sponsor's annual income from this employment before tax?
Can I only mention about Job 1 annual income since I have filled from 3.5 to 3.10 details about job 1 or simply the total of both job's income. The words of "from this employment" made me confused.

PS- I have gone through most of threads in this forum and they have been very helpful. :)

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Just from one job. They will add the income from second job you declare elsewhere. Make sure you attach a sheet clearly setting out how you are meeting the requirement under Cat A, like
Job A Annual income £12,000
Job B Annual income £7,000
Total £19,000
(give a bit more details)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Joppa. Now I'm clear with the way of filling the finance sections according to your instructions.

Is it correct if I calculate the income like below ( income before tax),

Annual Income = 2 x (six month income from Job A + six month income from Job B)

with details.

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Well, the way they show how to do is to divide your 6-month total by 6 and multiply by 12 (it comes to the same thing but this is more logical, as you are taking an average over 6 months). This is only for non-salaried job. If you are salaried, you use the lowest pay during 6 months and multiply by 12. If you are salaried but get overtime, bonus or commission on top, first work out your salaried pay as above, then calculate the extras by taking an average over 6 months and add the two figures together.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much Joppa.

My husband works under hourly rate, which is non-salaried right? I will use the way you have mentioned, by taking the average per month from each job and multiplying by 12.

Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.