Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Mechanical engineer with total 9 yrs. of experience.

I just checked my point through EOI and found it is 145

However, before applying for EOI I need some information about following points;

(1) Do I need skill assessment from NZQA prior to apply for EOI?

(2) what documents are required for skill assessment and processing time?

(3) I have 4 yrs. of experience in Plant maintenance and 5 years of experience in Plant design. Do i Need to submit CDR to NZQA like Engineers Australia required?

(4) My wife have bachelor degree but medium of instruction was not in English. So, can I get 20 points for her qualification? (of course she will appear for IELTS).

(5) Does everybody get immigration interview during process?

Hope I am not asking many questions.

Thanks,
Samkor11

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Samkor11

1. You have to check the exception list of qualification and instituions, if your qualification ( Btech, i suppose) and institute from where you have done it, are there in the list, then Assessment is not required, otherwise you have to go for assessment.

2. There are 2 types of Assessments - Pre Assessment (PAR) and Full Assessment (IQA).
PAR is cheap and quick assessment, which takes around 20 days and cost is 150$. But it is not the final version, PAR you can only use for EOI purpose. If you get the invite and at later stage you have to go for IQA.
IQA takes around 2 months of processing and costs around 800$ ( Including courier charges, you need to send original education documents for assessment).
So, its upto you, either you can go for PAR for now and get the invite and later apply IQA.
Or directly go for IQA, which help you to save 150$ for each applicant, say if you are claiming points for spouse and her education qualification is not in the exception list, then she also need to have assessment.

3. I am not sure about this, may other fellow expats can reply you on this.

4. to claim points for spouse, she needs to appear in IELTS and score 6.5 overall score to prove english skills.

5. Yes, if you dont have a job offer in hand.

Good Luck

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am Mechanical engineer with total 9 yrs. of experience.

I just checked my point through EOI and found it is 145

However, before applying for EOI I need some information about following points;

(1) Do I need skill assessment from NZQA prior to apply for EOI?

(2) what documents are required for skill assessment and processing time?

(3) I have 4 yrs. of experience in Plant maintenance and 5 years of experience in Plant design. Do i Need to submit CDR to NZQA like Engineers Australia required?

(4) My wife have bachelor degree but medium of instruction was not in English. So, can I get 20 points for her qualification? (of course she will appear for IELTS).

(5) Does everybody get immigration interview during process?

Hope I am not asking many questions.

Thanks,
Samkor11
Hi Samkor11,

I thing Chemma answered all the question, for question 3,
NZQA only do the assessment only for you qualification not for your experience but you need to submit certified copy of the experience certificate along with all other documents to NZQA only for full assessment (IQA), and no need to submit CDR as in Australia skill accessment.

And your experience will come to picture on your EOI also for LTSSL requirement. Please carefully check for you and your wife qualification awarding university, your exact degree name and year of awarded on exemption list. Many applicant make mistake by overlooking the list.

Please see the LTSSL list (3rd column) carefully you may get bonus point for being your qualification in shortage list. I am also Mechanical engineer from Chennai; please PM if you need any clarification regarding the whole process.

I hope clarified you. All the best for your NZ mission. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts