Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am a 25 year old Indian female currently working with a small events firm as an events coordinator..my employer has not paid me for the last 3 months since our company is not doing well at the moment & i guess they are planning to shut it down soon(not official)..so i need help finding a job.

I've been looking for jobs for the past few weeks.Can someone help me find a job in the events industry as an events coordinator.I don't see any events job advertised in newspapers/websites.

I will have to find a job soon as i have to renew my tenancy contract in Feb.I don't have any relatives here.So if i don't find a job soon i will have to go back to my home country.Can anyone in this forum tell me how to lookout for an events job.I have 4 years of events & media experience..Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apparently you have to have made so many posts before you add links so if you check out the online version of gulf news, and khaleej times, and look at the job site bayt they all have jobs in the emirates

all these links have jobs available in them , hope this helps in some way .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently you have to have made so many posts before you add links so if you check out the online version of gulf news, and khaleej times, and look at the job site bayt they all have jobs in the emirates

all these links have jobs available in them , hope this helps in some way .
Thanks mammy1 !!!! 'm in the process of checking theses sites..but as i mentioned i hardly find any events related jobs posted :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks mammy1 !!!! 'm in the process of checking theses sites..but as i mentioned i hardly find any events related jobs posted :(
Your welcome , and your right , it is simply a matter of chance, if a position is open at that point.

have you thought of applying directly to the places that hold major events ? In Abu Dhabi , theres Yas Island, I think the organisers there are flash, they even have an events page on facebook for things going on around the capital, and say emirates palace they hold major events there too , perhaps its worth contacting them direct ? I don't know if it would lead to anything but there is always someone who knows someone in this place they might at least be able to put you onto someone who can help you .

Once again , best of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i am a 25 year old Indian female currently working with a small events firm as an events coordinator..my employer has not paid me for the last 3 months since our company is not doing well at the moment & i guess they are planning to shut it down soon(not official)..so i need help finding a job.

I've been looking for jobs for the past few weeks.Can someone help me find a job in the events industry as an events coordinator.I don't see any events job advertised in newspapers/websites.

I will have to find a job soon as i have to renew my tenancy contract in Feb.I don't have any relatives here.So if i don't find a job soon i will have to go back to my home country.Can anyone in this forum tell me how to lookout for an events job.I have 4 years of events & media experience..Thanks in advance!!!!
Approach exhibition and convention center in Dubai and also in Abu Dhabi. Waiting for an announcement in any website/newspaper is not going to help you.

Wishing you good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.