Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Moving shortly and planning to buy a car budget is around 4000$. I know the budget is small but would like some suggestions.
Thanks

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi
Moving shortly and planning to buy a car budget is around 4000$. I know the budget is small but would like some suggestions.
Thanks
Ravi, you will have to choose a car from that are available and you won't have many to choose from. Since you have a fixed budget, you can't choose the car first and then look for a deal.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi
Thanks
You wont get much options for $4000 on carsales. Graysonline recently started online autioning of cars starting from just $9 across oz and i have seen really good cars sold on quite low price. Just have a look.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ravi...Hi
I am in Canberra and bought car recently..
Its tricky in terms of car agencies

Firstly, second hand cars at reasonable price are very very good - with road conditions and maintenance.
So at 4k AUD - you have your options very restricted..

If I were you first question I will ask myself is - when do I require a car?? In my case - I bought car because I am in canberra..I was in Sydney before and need for car was pretty less..

Then second question would be - do i opt for a loan - they are cheaper compared but at right agent..

So these two questions would be a nice start in your planning...

Cheers...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Depending on the lifestyle you choose and location, you won't need a car. I manage to live for a year without a car. I bought one a few months ago and it stays in the garage most of the time.

Keep in mind that the CTP (mandatory insurance) is very expensive, and roads have tolls (which are very expensive), etc. If I were you, I'd move first, and only then evaluate if you really need a car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts