Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Can anyone please help me to assess points for the following case?

B. Com in 1998
1 Year Diplomat in Computers in 1999
Started Job as Business Analysts in 1999 - 2005
1.5 Years MS in IT completed in 2005
Since 2006, working as Business Analyst

My diplomat and my Masters degree are both ICT Major but my bachelors degree is not relevant with the profession.

My question is;

How many points can I get for my qualification? 10 or 15?

Any Idea?

I am not worried about the work experience points because I have almost 16 years of work experience in this relevant role and if ACS deducts 6 years as a suitability criteria, still I would be manage to claim 15 points for more than 8 years of work experience.

Thanks and Regards.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi Guys,

Can anyone please help me to assess points for the following case?

B. Com in 1998
1 Year Diplomat in Computers in 1999
Started Job as Business Analysts in 1999 - 2005
1.5 Years MS in IT completed in 2005
Since 2006, working as Business Analyst

My diplomat and my Masters degree are both ICT Major but my bachelors degree is not relevant with the profession.

My question is;

How many points can I get for my qualification? 10 or 15?

Any Idea?

I am not worried about the work experience points because I have almost 16 years of work experience in this relevant role and if ACS deducts 6 years as a suitability criteria, still I would be manage to claim 15 points for more than 8 years of work experience.

Thanks and Regards.
As you said you are not worried about exp points. However i hope you are aware that ACS dont consider pre Qualification experince.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As you said you are not worried about exp points. However i hope you are aware that ACS dont consider pre Qualification experince.
They do but in that case suitability criteria met date gets double.

For instance, if you have experience of 4 years software development before/during your education of BS in sofware engineering, you will be awarded for full experience after your degree awarded date. The key is; both experience and degree should be relevant to each other.

My confusion is because of BCom degree. Will ACS recognize my MS-IT as a relevant degree to my experience?

Not having any idea.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1) Hi .I am planning to go for 189 visa.So need assistance in calculating points for the same
Education: BE (CSE) -2008 passout
Work Exp: 5.9 years since 2009

2) Also ,can you suggest some thread where I can see their whole process for filling the PR ,right from point calculation,acs,medical,PCC,EOI,visa filing.
I have gone through various but I am feeling confused regarding deadline, processes

Thanks

·
Registered
960 Posts
Answers inline
1) Hi .I am planning to go for 189 visa.So need assistance in calculating points for the same
Education: BE (CSE) -2008 passout
Work Exp: 5.9 years since 2009

Refer immi.gov.au and take the points test.

2) Also ,can you suggest some thread where I can see their whole process for filling the PR ,right from point calculation,acs,medical,PCC,EOI,visa filing.
I have gone through various but I am feeling confused regarding deadline, processes
Use the search functionality on the forum, read the sticky threads, go through immi, you'll find many pointers.
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I calculated like :
Skilled employment: 10 points(5.9 yrs)
Education: 15 points(BE BE)
English:??? Not given any IELTS as yet.So how to compute points here?
Rest all factors as Not Applicable

Also for skilled employment - will my exp of 5.9 yrs will be counted or 3.9

·
Registered
367 Posts
I calculated like :
Skilled employment: 10 points(5.9 yrs)
Education: 15 points(BE BE)
English:??? Not given any IELTS as yet.So how to compute points here?
Rest all factors as Not Applicable

Also for skilled employment - will my exp of 5.9 yrs will be counted or 3.9
Post ACS assessment they will deduct 2 years so your skilled employment would be 3.9 years resulting in 5points and total 50points. You need to show language ability so please do Ielts or PTE at 7 band each to get another 10 points

Reactions: ref_kartik

·
Registered
15 Posts
So,basically I can start with the ACS right? ?Go to the online portal,pay the fees, attach docs.Where can I see the docs list to become attached
Is there anything I need to take care??

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
So,basically I can start with the ACS right? ?Go to the online portal,pay the fees, attach docs.Where can I see the docs list to become attached
Is there anything I need to take care??
Yes you can apply through online portal on ACS. As you fill in each section, you need to upload relevant docs. Mostly its birth certificate, passport, qualification certificate, completion letter, transcript and employment reference letters. And all of them should be certified copies of original, scan and upload.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes you can apply through online portal on ACS. As you fill in each section, you need to upload relevant docs. Mostly its birth certificate, passport, qualification certificate, completion letter, transcript and employment reference letters. And all of them should be certified copies of original, scan and upload.
Thank you for your reply.
My concern is what is meant by certified.
Is it like I have to take coloured copy of my docs & get them attested and then upload or what??

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thank you for your reply.
My concern is what is meant by certified.
Is it like I have to take coloured copy of my docs & get them attested and then upload or what??
It is taking a black and white copy of original and getting it attested. Then scan this attested copy and upload.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks.
Could you give me an link where it is specified that these are the docs required for ACS.
I downloaded one pdf and found the relevant section for the same(find attachment)
But didn't see any requirements of payslips written in it as against people saying they are also required

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks.
Could you give me an link where it is specified that these are the docs required for ACS.
I downloaded one pdf and found the relevant section for the same(find attachment)
But didn't see any requirements of payslips written in it as against people saying they are also required
Hi,

Please find below application checklist for ACS skills assessment:
https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/17636/Application-Checklist.pdf

It states clearly:
All third party Statutory Declarations or Affidavits must include only one of the following:
•Certified copy of Payslips – preferably first & last payslip
•Certified copy of Human Resource statement or Service Certificate
•Certified copy of Termination Letter with corresponding dates

Payslips are not mandatory unless in above scenario. If you have a reference letter on company letterhead than that will suffice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you the link Bro

I have worked with one company before (5 years)
With that I have work exp that states the dates of Job along with character character.But not roles,hours. Do I need statutory Dec here??

2) With my current organisation (10 Months) I have offer letter and getting permanent letter.What else is needed?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thank you the link Bro

I have worked with one company before (5 years)
With that I have work exp that states the dates of Job along with character character.But not roles,hours. Do I need statutory Dec here??

2) With my current organisation (10 Months) I have offer letter and getting permanent letter.What else is needed?
It clearly states in guidelines that the letter must contain below information:
• Start and Finish Dates of Employment
• Description of Duties Performed
• Hours worked - Full time or Part time
• Country where Employment was completed
• Company Letterhead and signed by the author
• Marked as a Certified Copy

If you cannot obtain above letter from company, then you can go for statutory declaration by a work colleague. More information in below thread on format:
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au.../440050-statutory-declaration-acs-format.html

For your current organisation, the same applies. If reference letter is not possible then statutory declaration will do. And as highlighted in earlier posts, with this you have to provide either payslip, HR statement, or termination letter (if applicable).

Hope this addresses your queries.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts