Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I applied for subclass 176 Visa on 08/01/2012 and completed upload of all documents by 25/01/2012.
My IELTS expired on 23/01/2012 with a total band score of 8 but i was told by DIAC folks on call that there should be no issues as long as the application is submitted before my IELTS expires.

Its been like 6 weeks now and there is no CO assigned yet!
Except Health, APC i have uploaded everything else.

Documents attached are:
-> Passport details
-> Birth Certificate
-> Employer proof
-> 176 letter
-> IELTS
-> ACS
-> Photo

Please help me:
-> What could be the issue for a CO not being assigned. I know one person who applied 3 weeks back and he has a CO assigned
-> Should i upload my payslips or account details.

Regards
Bharat Kumar R

·
Registered
29 Posts
rbkpersonal said:
Hi All,

I applied for subclass 176 Visa on 08/01/2012 and completed upload of all documents by 25/01/2012.
My IELTS expired on 23/01/2012 with a total band score of 8 but i was told by DIAC folks on call that there should be no issues as long as the application is submitted before my IELTS expires.

Documents attached are:
-> Passport details
-> Birth Certificate
-> Employer proof
-> 176 letter
-> IELTS
-> ACS
-> Photo

Please help me:
-> What could be the issue for a CO not being assigned. I know one person who applied 3 weeks back and he has a CO assigned

Regards
Bharat Kumar R
Confirm with the state sponsored you that they have forwarded form 1100 to DIAC.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi All,

Documents attached are:
-> Passport details
-> Birth Certificate
-> Employer proof
-> 176 letter
-> IELTS
-> ACS
-> Photo

Please help me:

Regards
Bharat Kumar R
Have you applied for 176 state sponsored or family sponsored?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi All,

Documents attached are:
-> Passport details
-> Birth Certificate
-> Employer proof
-> 176 letter
-> IELTS
-> ACS
-> Photo

Please help me:

Regards
Bharat Kumar R
Hey rbk,

Gone are the days when you get allocated a CO within weeks of your submission.
How fast they process depends on which priority you are.
The below table describes the processing times for the following visa subclasses.

Priority Group Number1
Visa Subclass RSMS
(subclass 119, 857)
Skilled Regional
(subclass 887)
Low risk – 5 months
High risk – 8 months

Priority Group Number2
Visa Subclass ENS
(subclass 121, 856)
Low risk – 5 months
High risk – 8 months

Priority Group Number3
Visa Subclass State Migration Plans (SMP)
(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886)
Low risk – 12 months
High risk – 24 months

Priority Group Number 4
Visa Subclass Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1
(subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885 and 176, 475, 487 if not SMP)
18 months

Priority Group Number 5
All visas listed in priority 3 and 4 that are not SMP or Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1 Assessment will commence when all cases in priority groups 1-4 are finalised

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
try giving a call to the CO...
or send them an email...

Hi All,

Documents attached are:
-> Passport details
-> Birth Certificate
-> Employer proof
-> 176 letter
-> IELTS
-> ACS
-> Photo

Please help me:

Regards
Bharat Kumar R

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
1, relax, it took us 3 years to get the visa, you are just few days old with the application. You will get there. You got to wait and be patient with the entire process.

2, Once you apply for the visa, it deos not matter if your documents expire after that, as long as the day you apply they are valid, you need not worry.

3, If the CO needs anything, they will ask for it, uploading documents now wont make much difference, just keep everything ready so that once asked for, you have everything handy and you do not waste time on collecting them

4, enjoy your time with family and friends, once you get the visa, time will fly, in no time you will leave them and come here and you will miss them loads.

5, RELAX!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All

THanks for your response.
I did finally get a CO allocated.

But got another issue - in medical exam they identified high glucose levels and have asked me to do a detailed test, report and medication if any.

Will this affect my Application as i thought medical exam was primarily aimed at TB, HIV and heart related diseases.

Regards

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
no it wont make a difference, dont stress out so much :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pre-Grant letter received

Hi All,

I finally received by Pre-grant letter about 30 mins back and you are all the first to know this... thanks a lot for your help.... woudnt not have reached this stage with your help.

Couple of questions:

1. My medicals went into a loop because of glucose and i had to do private tests.
These test results reached Medibank health only on Monday (16/04) and they said they will take about 2 weeks to send to DIAC. Then how come have i received the Pre-grant letter ???

2. Also, Documents in document checklist page in the Visa tracking site still shows 80% of the items are 'Not Met' though i have uploaded all of them. Am i missing some thing here ???

3. There are statements in the Pre-grant letter like "We wish to advise your application processing is near completion" AND "When you have provided your travel itenary, you will not hear from GSM until a decision had been made on the visa application" - does this mean my VISA is not yet approved and there are chances i might get rejected even if i travel as per their plan

Sorry to bug eveyone here... but am still trying to get a hang of this and want to be sure i am not making any more mistakes.

THanks again and hoping to hear a response very soon.

Regards

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi All,

I finally received by Pre-grant letter about 30 mins back and you are all the first to know this... thanks a lot for your help.... woudnt not have reached this stage with your help.

Couple of questions:

1. My medicals went into a loop because of glucose and i had to do private tests.
These test results reached Medibank health only on Monday (16/04) and they said they will take about 2 weeks to send to DIAC. Then how come have i received the Pre-grant letter ???

2. Also, Documents in document checklist page in the Visa tracking site still shows 80% of the items are 'Not Met' though i have uploaded all of them. Am i missing some thing here ???

3. There are statements in the Pre-grant letter like "We wish to advise your application processing is near completion" AND "When you have provided your travel itenary, you will not hear from GSM until a decision had been made on the visa application" - does this mean my VISA is not yet approved and there are chances i might get rejected even if i travel as per their plan

Sorry to bug eveyone here... but am still trying to get a hang of this and want to be sure i am not making any more mistakes.

THanks again and hoping to hear a response very soon.

Regards
First of all congrats on getting the pre-grant letter. Are you in Australia at the moment?

1. Probably they scanned and sent DIAC a soft copy :)

2. COs sometimes don't update the status of each document in the system but are through with their assessment. Dont worry much about the status.

3. Haven't heard of such a case. So be happy :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Final Stage sub176

Hi there,

I have applied for visa subclass 176 on 11-May-2012. I received an email from my CO on 05-March-2013 to undergo your health assessments and provide police clearances as your application has proceeded to the finalisation stage.
I send all required documents and my wife's IELTS result on 18-March-2013. however my application hasn't been finalized yet. I was wondering how much the finalisation stage could take time.

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi there,

I have applied for visa subclass 176 on 11-May-2012. I received an email from my CO on 05-March-2013 to undergo your health assessments and provide police clearances as your application has proceeded to the finalisation stage.
I send all required documents and my wife's IELTS result on 18-March-2013. however my application hasn't been finalized yet. I was wondering how much the finalisation stage could take time.

Many Thanks.
Depends when your medical are finalized..
If they are finalized then shouldnt take more than few weeks..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts