Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am considering subclass 189 or 190 for Electrical Engineer for EOI. However, even though I do have a Bachelors degree in electrical engineering, I do NOT have any working experience as an Electrical Engineer as I have been in teaching profession since graduating 15 years ago.

I will need to go through the CDR pathway for skill assessment by Engineers Australia (EA) based solely on my qualification. My question is, will I be assessed positively by them considering especially the many (number of) years I've graduated from the bachelor's degree? Is there an "expiry date" in the qualification from the perspective of EA?

Since a positive skill assessment is a prerequisite for EOI, I need to make sure that this is possible before taking the next step. I will need to secure 20 points in English test (IELTS band 8) in order to get 55 points. Another 5 points will have to rely on state nomination (which is uncertain).

Considering my case above, do you guys think I should proceed with my migration plan? How much chance do I have?

Please help. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply, dinh3phan.
My experience in teaching is more related to electronics, rather than electrical.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try to fulfill as many tasks in the occupation description as possible based on your daily activities of giving lectures, researches, course compiling ... Then, I think you would figure out how to answer you own question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts