Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My visa is valid on May 6th.

Next weekend May 1st there is a big family reunion in the UK for my husband's family and I would really like to attend it, since they couldn't fly to Vancouver for our wedding in February.

We have just bought flights to Paris for April 28-May 10th.
The plan is to fly from Vancouver to Paris then try and attend the reunion in the UK before flying back to Vancouver.

Here is the schedule

Vancouver --> (LHR) --> Paris. ( we only transfer through LHR enroute to Paris.

*** we would like to go back to the UK on Thurs April 30th - May 6th for the reunion. Then on May 6th make a quick day trip back to Paris and enter back into the UK to validate my visa.

1. Can I travel to the UK as a visitor prior to the 6th using my Canadian passport or do I need to stay out of the UK until May 6th?

2. We have 3 hours between arriving at LHR and catching our flight to Paris on April 29th. Is there somebody we can speak with at LHR to ask if we can fly back to LHR the next day as a visitor using only my Canadian passport?

3. Is there a special paper or stamp I can ask for that will allow me to enter early into the UK as a visitor, then I will leave the UK on May 6th and re- enter to validate my new spousal visa ?

4. Can a spousal visa be revoked if somebody tries to enter earlier?

I don't want to risk doing anything wrong or breaking any rules.

We need to return to Canada on May 10th in order for me to sell the house and pack things up. So although I want to validate my spousal visa I can't stay in the UK this trip.

·
Registered
39,123 Posts
#1 Yes, normally. You need to explain what your plans are, and show your booked flights/Eurostar to Paris.
#2 No, but as I said, not usually a problem.
#3 No. You just get the usual 6-month leave to enter as visitor.
#4 No, but entering as visitor and just staying on won't activate your spouse visa, and your day of re-entry/activation is important when you come to renew in 30 months.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Joppa.
I'm so pleased you think we can attend the family reunion which is next weekend.
I've made copies of all our flights showing return flights and flights paid for.

I just didn't want to arrive at LHR on the 30th and be told I need to leave and wait until the 6th and miss the reunion.
We will take a day trip over to Paris on May 6th in order to activate my spousal visa before flying back to Canada to pack things up.

So excited to be able to see all of his family again.
It's been 16 months since I last saw any of them.

·
Registered
39,123 Posts
Or if you are going to be a while in Canada, just return home without activating your spouse visa (saving the cost of daytrip to Paris) and arrive in UK by 6th August (3 months from inception). Is your visa valid until 6 Feb 2018?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or if you are going to be a while in Canada, just return home without activating your spouse visa (saving the cost of daytrip to Paris) and arrive in UK by 6th August (3 months from inception). Is your visa valid until 6 Feb 2018?
Yes, my visa is valid until the 6th of Feb. 2018.
Thank you

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
~ update ~
Your reply was spot on.
Thanks again Joppa.

We arrived @ LHR from Paris this afternoon.
I was able to enter the UK using my Canadian Passport as a visitor.

We will make a day drip out of the UK between May 6 - 9th in order to activate my spousal Visa.
It's great to finally be back in the UK after 16 months.
Although my spousal visa will be activated on the 6th, I need to fly back to Canada soon in order to sell the house before a permanent move to the UK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.