Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I see lots of people actively helping each other and I'm seeking the same from this group.

So far I calculated my point using an online calculator and got to know that I can only get maximum 50 points.

25 point for Age, 15 for education and 10 for PTE.

Now, my question is.
1) Am I eligible for 489 visas?
2) Is there any chance of getting a visa if I lodge in 489 sub-class visa?
3) How much time does this process take?

Hope above information helps you to answer my question.
I appreciate your time and efforts.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I see lots of people actively helping each other and I'm seeking the same from this group.

So far I calculated my point using an online calculator and got to know that I can only get maximum 50 points.

25 point for Age, 15 for education and 10 for PTE.

Now, my question is.
1) Am I eligible for 489 visas?
2) Is there any chance of getting a visa if I lodge in 489 sub-class visa?
3) How much time does this process take?

Hope above information helps you to answer my question.
I appreciate your time and efforts.
Technically via point test u r eligible. But u need a skill assessment from assessing authority relevant to ur occupation.

Check ur occupation ANZSCO code and eligibility for states:- https://www.anzscosearch.com/search/

Also there is minimum requirement of experience by many assessing authorities. Check that before applying anything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi same as above you will need an Skill assessment with a Ansco code.

there are different skill assessment authorities for specific skills, I recently did one through Vetasses and the process cost me $900 and the process time was just over 1 month.

keep in mid when you do a skill assessment documentation is key. I had to supply about 40-45 documents ranging from bank statements and pay slips to letters from the tax office and university ( is was self employed so may differ to you)

but as long as you get it all together before hand it should go smoothly.

hope that helps a little

hope that helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need a skills assessment for an eligible ANZSCO. Have you done your skills assessment?
Thank you for your prompt reply.

No. I have not done skills assessment yet.
My ANZSCO code is 261313: SOFTWARE ENGINEER

I heard that Assessment Authority deduct 2 years from the total experience. is that right?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Technically via point test u r eligible. But u need a skill assessment from assessing authority relevant to ur occupation.

Check ur occupation ANZSCO code and eligibility for states:-

Also, there is a minimum requirement of experience by many assessing authorities. Check that before applying anything.
Thank you for your prompt response.
My ANZSCO code: 261313: SOFTWARE ENGINEER

I checked it out the above-stated website and it seems I am eligible for both NSW and VICTORIA.

one more question.
I have completed Bachelor in 2014 and then started working with startups as a software developer and I have overall 3 years of experience. so, do assessing authority ask for Salary sleeps or bank statements?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
770 Posts

I checked it out the above-stated website and it seems I am eligible for both NSW and VICTORIA.

one more question.
I have completed Bachelor in 2014 and then started working with startups as a software developer and I have overall 3 years of experience. so, do assessing authority ask for Salary sleeps or bank statements?

Thanks for your time.
Yes. Assessing authority asks for employment proof.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,955 Posts

one more question.

Thanks for your time.
If you are providing a reference letter, then no supporting evidence like salary slips etc. are required during skills assessment.

However, if you are providing a statutory declaration, then a supporting evidence as given in the ACS website is required.

But all said and done, just ACS assessment does not complete the process
Even if you get the positive assessment without the salary slips and bank statements, when you submit the visa application, the CO will invariably ask for 3rd party evidence like bank statement, tax deduction proofs etc. in addition to the salary slips

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you are providing a reference letter, then no supporting evidence like salary slips etc. are required during skills assessment.

However, if you are providing a statutory declaration, then a supporting evidence as given in the ACS website is required.

But all said and done, just ACS assessment does not complete the process
Even if you get the positive assessment without the salary slips and bank statements, when you submit the visa application, the CO will invariably ask for 3rd party evidence like bank statement, tax deduction proofs etc. in addition to the salary slips

Cheers
like above

yours is ACS, I recently had mine with Vetasses and they asked for letters from the employer and pay slips.. so be prepared for that but each company is different.

you mentioned you were working with start ups.. which could mean you were self employed and were working without a contract and not part of their pay system.

this could change the amount of years required to be assessed if you left uni and became self employed straight away. Like It did with me, with vetasses.. it went from 1 year to 3.

try this link to see if it helps

https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/acs/acs-skills/Application-Checklist.pdf

best thing is to be over prepared !

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
489 applicants for 2613 occupation group won't receive an invite because the occupation is pro rated, and it has been so for more than a year now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
489 applicants for 2613 occupation group won't receive an invite because the occupation is pro rated, and it has been so for more than a year now.
Does that mean if I lodge application for 489,i will have to wait for more than 1 year?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys,
Quick doubt regarding 489 visa subclass. I am currently pursuing masters and I'm on student visa. I have positive skill assessment for ICT Support Engineer from acs.
Now, will I be able to apply 489 visa while I'm still on student visa?
Also, I have 65 points adding 489 visa points.

Regards,
Suraj.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys tell me honestly is it possible to get visa under 489 in span of 1 year?
I'm having 60 point with 489 nomination 10 points included.
Technically, 60 points required but do they seriously grant visa with 60 point.

People are saying for software engineer atleast 65 points needed to get invitation.

Please guys throw some lights on my question.
Thanks for your time.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys,
Quick doubt regarding 489 visa subclass. I am currently pursuing masters and I'm on student visa. I have positive skill assessment for ICT Support Engineer from acs.
Now, will I be able to apply 489 visa while I'm still on student visa?
Also, I have 65 points adding 489 visa points.

Regards,
Suraj.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts