Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Expat
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I couldnt find a relevant thread so starting a new one here. All 489ers can come n help each other out.

We have to enter Australia by 28th March 2014, so we are planning to make a 3 weeks trip around October before finally shifting in March. The ultimate goal is to start the timer so we can hopefully fulfil the conditions to apply for 887 by October 2015. (living in designated area for 2 years and working for 1)

Now if someone can please help. I have a few queries that I would be grateful if you could answer:
1. Is it ok if we make initial entry in October and then come back? Will the 2 year time period start from then?

2. Do we have to live for the whole of 2 years in the Australia? if we come back in October and move to Australia in March 2014 so will the 5 months (in-between Oct-Mar) counted? Do we have to give proof that we lived there at that time?
So are there any restrictions on how much time u have to stay and for how long u can go on visits etc out of Australia?

·
Registered
27 Posts
1. Is it ok if we make initial entry in October and then come back? Will the 2 year time period start from then?
Yes you can come back but the two year period requires residence in designated area of australia so you cannot count days in which you are outside australia.

2. Do we have to live for the whole of 2 years in the Australia?
For filling the subclass 887 visa requirements , YES you have to live in australia . You have to provide a proof of australian residence for two years when you apply
for 887 visa.

if we come back in October and move to Australia in March 2014 so will the 5 months (in-between Oct-Mar) counted?
No

Do we have to give proof that we lived there at that time?
Yes

are there any restrictions on how much time u have to stay and for how long u can go on visits etc out of Australia?
There is no restriction of time & stay but 489 visa is valid for 4 years and after it expires you have to apply for Subclass 887 PR visa and you must fulfill all the requirements of 887 PR. So if you don't have 2 years residency and 1 year of work experience in designated area you are not eligible to apply 887 PR visa.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I want to know what all documents to be submitted. Also If one has worked for one year, can he apply for PR eventhough he has not lived for 2 year but have worked for 1 year.

For work experience , pay slips and work exp letter will suffice. For residency what proofs can b submitted?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Work Reference for 887

Hi Beee

I am in the same boat as you..hopefully all 489rs will converge here and share their experiences.

In order to prove employment for 1 year is it again compulsory to provide work references with roles and responsibilities ? I have read on DIAC website, work references with job duties must be provided as proof of employment

There is no restriction on the type of work but why then it is mandatory to provide work references with job duties for 887 visa ? 887 is not a points tested visa.
I wonder why salary slips, contracts would not suffice.. I am saying this because for people who r not able to obtain work reference in the required format, job duties etc..whats the path forward for them ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello everyone...
i am planning to travel to Australia in months time...i expect my wife and 2 months daughter to join few months later..as you guys all have the same visa as mine..i would like to ask one thing which has confused me in every possible way...hope someone could answer this..

i understand that it is required to live 2 years and work for 1 year in the specified area..but what about my wife and daughter ...do they have to work ??? obviously my daughter cant she is only 3 months lol...
but what about my wife...????
do the secondary applicant to this visa also have to fulfil work requirement too???? i went through immi website several times but nowhere i can find this info for secondary applicant ....

Shel is here hope she answers ...please :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
887 help

Hi all,
I couldnt find a relevant thread so starting a new one here. All 489ers can come n help each other out.

We have to enter Australia by 28th March 2014, so we are planning to make a 3 weeks trip around October before finally shifting in March. The ultimate goal is to start the timer so we can hopefully fulfil the conditions to apply for 887 by October 2015. (living in designated area for 2 years and working for 1)

Now if someone can please help. I have a few queries that I would be grateful if you could answer:

2. Do we have to live for the whole of 2 years in the Australia? if we come back in October and move to Australia in March 2014 so will the 5 months (in-between Oct-Mar) counted? Do we have to give proof that we lived there at that time?
So are there any restrictions on how much time u have to stay and for how long u can go on visits etc out of Australia?
hi ..i am on a 489 state sponsored visa i am planning to travel to Australia in months time...i expect my wife and 2 months daughter to join few months later..as you guys all have the same visa as mine..i would like to ask one thing which has confused me in every possible way...hope someone could answer this..

i understand that it is required to live 2 years and work for 1 year in the specified area..but what about my wife and daughter ...do they have to work ??? obviously my daughter cant she is only 3 months lol...
do the secondary applicant to this visa also have to fulfil work requirement too???? i went through immi website several times but nowhere i can find this info for secondary applicant ....

pls help

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello everyone...
i am planning to travel to Australia in months time...i expect my wife and 2 months daughter to join few months later..as you guys all have the same visa as mine..i would like to ask one thing which has confused me in every possible way...hope someone could answer this..

Shel is here hope she answers ...please :)
Hi
Only primary applicant need to fulfill working 1 year requirement. Wife can work or not as she pleases.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi
Only primary applicant need to fulfill working 1 year requirement. Wife can work or not as she pleases.
Where you get this info..i cant find it anywhere to be honest..
Thanks for your input mate...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Expat Forum

G

·
Where you get this info..i cant find it anywhere to be honest..
Thanks for your input mate...

Its a fact. You are the applicant not your wife BUT if your wife chooses to work or study it must be in the specified area.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Its a fact. You are the applicant not your wife BUT if your wife chooses to work or study it must be in the specified area.
Okie dokie..
Thank you..Shel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Designated Area

Hi All, quick clarification, I currently have 489 family sponsored visa and i should live in a designated area. My question is whether i should work in a Designated area or a regional area in order to apply for PR under subclass 887.

·
Expat
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Designated Area

Hi All, quick clarification, I currently have 489 family sponsored visa and i should live in a designated area. My question is whether i should work in a Designated area or a regional area in order to apply for PR under subclass 887.
U have to live for 2 years n work for 1 year in a designated area. So yeah u have to find work in a designated area. Are u in Vic or NSW?

·
Registered
2 Posts
U have to live for 2 years n work for 1 year in a designated area. So yeah u have to find work in a designated area. Are u in Vic or NSW?
Hi Beee,

Thank you for the information, really appreciate your input. I'm in VIC.. If i'm not mistaken the entire state falls under the designated area... where r u from...

thanks!

·
Expat
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Beee,

Thank you for the information, really appreciate your input. I'm in VIC.. If i'm not mistaken the entire state falls under the designated area... where r u from...

thanks!
Yup the entire state falls under designated area.. I am living in vic as well.. how long have u been here?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yup the entire state falls under designated area.. I am living in vic as well.. how long have u been here?
So the regional area that we live can be different from the sponsored regional area, say if NSW - Murray has sponsored me I can live in Wagga Wagga, which is a regional one in NSW as per the post codes mentioned as RALPGM.

·
Expat
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the regional area that we live can be different from the sponsored regional area, say if NSW - Murray has sponsored me I can live in Wagga Wagga, which is a regional one in NSW as per the post codes mentioned as RALPGM.
No, I am talking about 489 family sponsored visa n I think what you mentioned is for Regional sponsored or whatever it's called.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there I am on 475 visa from july 2012 from WA.
I was student studying in sydney I active my visa 475 on july but I live in sydney for three more month as I need to sort out my things there..
Now time has arrived I nearly fulfil my criteria 2 yearss living and 1 year full time work...
Does that three month previously affect my permanent residency...
Thanks you all
Isato

·
Registered
4 Posts
489 to 887

Hello everyone, i have a query.
i am presently holding 457 Visa and have already lived and worked in Adelaide (regional area) for more than 2 years now on my 457 visa. i am planning to apply for 489 regional Visa. My question is ,after i get my 489 , can i immediately apply for 887 as i have already lived and worked for more than 2 years in regional area on my 457 Visa.... or i would have to wait for 2 more years, and live/ work in regional area on 489 Visa as well.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.