Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some urgent help/ suggestion.

I got my PR back in 2018 and is expiring in mid of FEB 2023. I have travelled to AUS for a couple of weeks for my first entry, and haven't gotten back yet or havn't worked in AUS since. I had plans to travel in 2021-22 but could'nt because of COVID and then due to personal obligations. I couldnt travel in past few months too since my new born passport is still in the process.

Can someone please help me with these?

1.) Are there any extensions available on the PR last/ expiry date?
2.) Is there any way one can still move to AUS on PR after it expires?
3.) Does Returning visa helps in this case, where the applicant is not in AUS while applying, and intend to arrive after the last date?

Thanks !!

· Registered
27,910 Posts

I got my PR back in 2018 and is expiring in mid of FEB 2023. I have travelled to AUS for a couple of weeks for my first entry, and haven't gotten back yet or havn't worked in AUS since. I had plans to travel in 2021-22 but could'nt because of COVID and then due to personal obligations. I couldnt travel in past few months too since my new born passport is still in the process.

3.) Does Returning visa helps in this case, where the applicant is not in AUS while applying, and intend to arrive after the last date?

Thanks !!
You have to apply for a RRV to extend your travelling rights
As you have visited Australia during the last 5 years, you will get at least a 3 months RRV
If you want a longer period then that, you have to prove your intentions to return to Australia and your ties like bank account, job offer or property or relatives in Australia
Cheers

· Registered
1,052 Posts

Thanks !!
Apply for a Resident Return Visa (RRV) - you will get either a 3 month validity one or a 12 month one, but if you are moving to Australia then the validity doesn't matter as you can stay here forever

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have to apply for a RRV to extend your travelling rights
As you have visited Australia during the last 5 years, you will get at least a 3 months RRV
If you want a longer period then that, you have to prove your intentions to return to Australia and your ties like bank account, job offer or property or relatives in Australia
Cheers
Thanks for your reply !!

So can this be applied right now while PR is still valid, or should I wait for it to expire (by Feb) and then apply for RRV?

Also, the ties part, since I haven't returned after by initial visit, do you know what would be an ideal example of ties.
Now none of the bank allows accounts for more than 20 days before visit and those are also activated only when you visit physically. Can you suggest other possible ties? All I have is lot of friends in AUS but no relatives, or any utilities bills, or any assets there.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apply for a Resident Return Visa (RRV) - you will get either a 3 month validity one or a 12 month one, but if you are moving to Australia then the validity doesn't matter as you can stay here forever
Thanks for your reply !!

So can this be applied right now while PR is still valid, or should I wait for it to expire (by Feb) and then apply for RRV?

Also, the ties part, since I haven't returned after by initial visit, do you know what would be an ideal example of ties.
Now none of the bank allows accounts for more than 20 days before visit and those are also activated only when you visit physically. Can you suggest other possible ties? All I have is lot of friends in AUS but no relatives, or any utilities bills, or any assets there.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Thanks for your reply !!

Thanks in advance.
Apply for RRV before the PR expires. For ties just put in whatever info you can really. Doesn't matter too much as you will get a 3 month RRV guaranteed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts