Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might have been asked number of times – but given the situation and present scenario I’m in super dilemma whether to continue pursue with my USA hope (i140 in progress through H1B , L1A processing this year) OR be realistic and on grounds and opt for Australia (189 approved in 2019 & validation trip done).

I’m aware everyone has their situation/requirements/perspective but would be great if you could provide your aspects which made you opt for final move.

Per se me: Married and 2 kids and looking for simple uncomplicated life and better prospective for kids and have stable life.

Appreciate your inputs on same!

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
"simple uncomplicated life and better prospective for kids and have stable life" - that leaves a lot to the imagination without knowing your current circumstances and details about your potential move to the US.
You researched H1B/L1 and children?

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
How do you have an H1B and an L1 processing together? That might give some clues as to your circumstances.

Do you have a job to go to in Australia with the 189?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you have an H1B and an L1 processing together? That might give some clues as to your circumstances.

Do you have a job to go to in Australia with the 189?
I already have H1B and L1 has been initiated given the role change and fulfilling criteria of being 1 year outside the USA.

For now , I don't have a job in Australia but given my current company is already an establish firm would initially opt for intra company transfer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"simple uncomplicated life and better prospective for kids and have stable life" - that leaves a lot to the imagination without knowing your current circumstances and details about your potential move to the US.
You researched H1B/L1 and children?
Certainly no :) , my intention was to convey that would prefer a stable life with kids future perspective... I'm ready to extend my horizon in terms of learning but pretty much would look out for a stable job instead keep hoping for jobs/countries.

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
I already have H1B and L1 has been initiated given the role change and fulfilling criteria of being 1 year outside the USA.

For now , I don't have a job in Australia but given my current company is already an establish firm would initially opt for intra company transfer.
So where are you now?

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Personally, being someone who is risk averse, if I had a good job opportunity, with a great salary and where my company wanted to send me on the L1 was somewhere I wanted to go I'd take the chance and go to the US. Not that the US offers a "simple uncomplicated life and better prospective for kids and have stable life" . I did it because I wanted to experience life in the US; had partner but no kids and could just get up and go. Many parts of the US are very expensive in terms of property, health insurance is expensive and sending kids to college is exorbitant.

Reactions: Sam_1983
1 - 8 of 8 Posts