Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Really need your advise before I start my ACS process.

I have pursued B.Tech in Information Technology(4 yrs) and have overall experience of 5 yrs in Software Industry.

I am planning to apply for ACS and just want to know how feasible is to claim entire 5 years of experience. I believe my degree should be categorized as ICT major. Would that still result in cutting down 2 years from my work experience?

I am standing right at the tip of 5 years experience. Having said that, if at all ACS chops of 2 years, I am little pessimistic to forecast if I would fall short of 3 years (that would give me 0 pts ) :mad:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi,
Your B.E in IT will still get you deducted for 2 Years. This is the norm with ACS these days.
2 Years will be deducted as skills met date.

When are you completing 5 Years. based on that when filling EOI you can claim points for 3 Years when you lodge your EOI.

Hi,

Really need your advise before I start my ACS process.

I have pursued B.Tech in Information Technology(4 yrs) and have overall experience of 5 yrs in Software Industry.

I am planning to apply for ACS and just want to know how feasible is to claim entire 5 years of experience. I believe my degree should be categorized as ICT major. Would that still result in cutting down 2 years from my work experience?

I am standing right at the tip of 5 years experience. Having said that, if at all ACS chops of 2 years, I am little pessimistic to forecast if I would fall short of 3 years (that would give me 0 pts ) :mad:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
ACS will only consider you qualified if you have a combination of education plus experience (or RPL if non-ICT education). So yes, they will deduct 2 years from your work experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts