Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I have one doubt

After 189 visa is grated normal sectarian what is the time line to enter into Australia. I mean expiry date mentioned in visa stamping in Australian border...

Leave current job and land in AUS > seach job > settle in AUS is better

OR

Land Aus and back to India resign the current job and then going again to AUS to get job and settlement is better.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Dear All,

I have one doubt

After 189 visa is grated normal sectarian what is the time line to enter into Australia. I mean expiry date mentioned in visa stamping in Australian border...

Leave current job and land in AUS > seach job > settle in AUS is better

OR

Land Aus and back to India resign the current job and then going again to AUS to get job and settlement is better.
The difference between the 1st and 2nd option is one extra trip. Else as per your post, you don't have no job even if you take time to go to Aus from India after validating. All depends on your situation, your prospect and how you see it.

One advice I can give is, if married, don't take your family if you have children without a job unless you feel your wife can earn some good money to support you, then yes. As I said it depends how and what you want. Some people are fine living on casual jobs as Aus minm wage pay is higher, whereas some needs a good life and hence won't settle for minm wage jobs to support themselves at the start. Its all up to you.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Thanks zaback21!

What is the time limit to enter aus ? i.e total months or days form visa grant date ?
It depends. It should be written on your grant letter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
extra trip is fine !

If i alone travel first time then after getting job ther then if i take my family. then it will be any problem for my family to arrive aus ?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Your visa grant will include two important dates:

Initial Entry Date - all visa holders must enter Australia and clear passport control no later than this date to validate the visa. The IED is typically 12 months from the date you completed the police/health checks, whichever was earlier.
Must Enter By Date - this is 5 years from the visa grant date. This is the date the entry rights on your PR visa expire. If you are in Australia on this date, you can remain indefinitely. If you aren't in Australia on this date, you can look into a Resident Return Visa (RRV). There are numerous threads about the RRV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts