Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm a IT guy with 8 Years of exp . Of which worked for 6 years in US and rest in India. Due to some immigration issue I couldn't go back to US and would like to try for AUS. Can somebody help me to know if the US immigration issue would be an problem to try for AUS PR and also what are the things to have apart from IELTS/PTE, police clearance letter and experience letter?
I really appreciate your help and suggestion in this matter and thank you in advance

Regards,

Nivin

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hello All,

I'm a IT guy with 8 Years of exp . Of which worked for 6 years in US and rest in India. Due to some immigration issue I couldn't go back to US and would like to try for AUS. Can somebody help me to know if the US immigration issue would be an problem to try for AUS PR and also what are the things to have apart from IELTS/PTE, police clearance letter and experience letter?
I really appreciate your help and suggestion in this matter and thank you in advance

Regards,

Nivin
For general advice there are stickies at the top that guide you through the process. You should also consider getting a licensed agent. It's not required though.

Regarding your US issue, it's hard to say. They do ask about previous visas, and they do require police checks to be run. You may be better off asking a migration agent on this one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For general advice there are stickies at the top that guide you through the process. You should also consider getting a licensed agent. It's not required though.

Regarding your US issue, it's hard to say. They do ask about previous visas, and they do require police checks to be run. You may be better off asking a migration agent on this one.
Thanks for the response

·
Registered
427 Posts
What kind of immigration issue did you face? Were you refused a visa? I was given a 221(g) which turned into my H1B being revoked a year later and was even denied a tourist visa (lame reason given was that we were too unsettled). I just mentioned all these refusals in my form 80 and it never caused any issues for my PR. I guess it really depends on why you were refused.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts