Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, there! I am a Filipina living in the Philippines. I have a French boyfriend of almost 4 years. I graduated from school March 2013 and didn't really bother looking for a job because my boyfriend (who has a business in France) and I planned for me to go there and help him with his business. I would like to go to france this 2014 and get married to him within 6 months of my arrival, but I am confused how I will proceed with this. As per the requirements I read on the long visa applications, I would need to submit bank statements within the last 6 months, my savings, and proof of employment, but I have none of these. Would I still need to give such documents when my boyfriend will be giving documents stating his capability to finance my stay?

I am also unsure what other documents I would need to show if we are planning to get married in the first few months of the long visa. Is there anyone to help or can someone redirect me to a website that can help with this? Thank you so much, much much much appreciated!!

·
Administrator
50,415 Posts
Normally what you do is to apply for a long-stay visitor visa for one year. For that visa, you must show that you have adequate resources to support yourself and private health insurance for the year. If your fiancé will be paying your way for that first year, then he will have to provide bank statements and (probably) a letter stating that he will be financially responsible for you.

It would probably be best if he has inquired at his local mairie about the requirements for a foreigner to marry (it varies by town), and it wouldn't hurt if he made inquiries about pre-reserving a date for your wedding. Some towns don't allow it, but if you can have some evidence of having set a date for the wedding, it will help your visa application.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.