Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,

I have a query related to the gap in employment.

I have my documents sent to VET. for assessment and expecting results some time by end of this month.

I pass the basic criteria of skills and points to go ahead with the application under subclass 190.

The only worry is -

I am not working since Dec'12 and have no plans till I get PR and migrate :)fingerscrossed:), its a sabbatical for kids. I am thinking of doing some part time work like HR recruiter or medical transcription etc. I am not sure if I am going against rules for DIAC. Would this raise the eye brows of the CO and consider this as a minus factor to process my application.

Please push your ideas forwards as this may help me with deciding if I should pick up some full time work to avoid any prospective hindrances on my way to PR.

Thanks, Sai

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Dear friends,

I have a query related to the gap in employment.

I have my documents sent to VET. for assessment and expecting results some time by end of this month.

I pass the basic criteria of skills and points to go ahead with the application under subclass 190.

The only worry is -

I am not working since Dec'12 and have no plans till I get PR and migrate :)fingerscrossed:), its a sabbatical for kids. I am thinking of doing some part time work like HR recruiter or medical transcription etc. I am not sure if I am going against rules for DIAC. Would this raise the eye brows of the CO and consider this as a minus factor to process my application.

Please push your ideas forwards as this may help me with deciding if I should pick up some full time work to avoid any prospective hindrances on my way to PR.

Thanks, Sai
Hello sai,

See, your current work status does not influence much on your visa grant. The ultimate factors that influence the chances of visa is the true documentation you provided to the case officer, your points scores, whether your roles and responsibilities are closely matching with that of same occupation in Australia etc. That's why they mentioned that your work experience in last 10 years.

So, you don't really need to worry about your current work status. Even it could be irrelevant to your profile yet the past experience should be comparable to its equivalent aussie [rofile. Case officer only considers the information on your work experience mentioned there in VISA application and the credentials you submitted to prove your claims.

As a result, no need to panic. Just relax.

Regards,
Sathiya

·
Registered
965 Posts
Sathiya is right.
Spoke to DIAC who clarified that Sabbatical is understood and no need to explain this if you meet eligibility

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Sathiya and Arvindh, I am at peace now and can concentrate better.
Your reply helped :)..thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts