Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,

Currently I am living in Vietnam with my two children, one of them has British citizenship and the other is my own child. Me and my partner in the UK hasn't register for marriage yet.

I am looking to come to the UK to settle down with my partner. Should I apply under "Unmarried partner" sector? About my own child (under 18), which type of visa should I apply for him?

Thanks heaps

·
Registered
334 Posts
To qualify for unmarried partner route you need to have been living together for at least 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Only if you have lived together continually for 2 years. Then your child can apply as dependant. You will need evidence about sole responsibility, involvement of the other parent in the child's life, consent etc. If you haven't cohabited for 2 years, you need to get married first and apply as spouse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply guys, much appreciate.

So in this case I need to apply for a Fiancee visa to come to the UK to get married, am I correct?

If it's the case can my children come with me?

Tks heaps

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yes apply for fiance visa and marry in the UK. Your children can come with you.

My friend came here with her son on a fiance visa too so you can do that as well.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tks Brom143,

So in that case can I stay in the UK or I need to come back to Vietnam and apply for a spouse visa again?

Which type of visa should I apply for my two children?

It is my first time applying so there's a lot of questions, tks for your great help guys

·
Registered
924 Posts
You can switch from Fiance visa to spouse visa from within UK. No need to return to Vietnam. However, a cheaper option is to get married in Vietnam and simply apply for a spouse visa to join your husband in the UK.

You do not need a visa for your British child. For your other child, you will need a dependent visa application.

Make sure your British partner fulfils the financial and accommodation requirements in order to sponsor you and your non British child.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.