Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This forum has been invaluable to me. I have read most sticky threads. However, some of my questions remain unanswered.

1. I have been positively assessed by three consultants after I provided them with my CV along with all certificates and letters.
2. Most want close to INR 75,000 (AUD 1500) to process the online application, is it worth it?
3. I have shortlisted Y Axis Hyderabad, are they any good, anyone who worked with them, kindly shed some light.
4. Are there any freelance consultants here who can process my application for much lesser than the above-quoted price?

For anyone taking the time to answer and guide, thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hello,

This forum has been invaluable to me. I have read most sticky threads. However, some of my questions remain unanswered.

1. I have been positively assessed by three consultants after I provided them with my CV along with all certificates and letters.
2. Most want close to INR 75,000 (AUD 1500) to process the online application, is it worth it?
3. I have shortlisted Y Axis Hyderabad, are they any good, anyone who worked with them, kindly shed some light.
4. Are there any freelance consultants here who can process my application for much lesser than the above-quoted price?

Spend some time on the threads here. You can do it yourself.

a) Get RnR letters from all your employers. Go for Assessment from relevant authority by selecting appropriate ANZ code
b) Prepare for PTE and target 79+ . Go thru PTE threads here
c) Submit the EOI and wait for invite
d) Once you get the invite then post further queries in the forums

·
Registered
23,843 Posts
Hello,

1. Consultant world over promise you the moon before you pay them
I would be very wary of their assessment as they show their true colours after you have paid.

2. What something is worth is in the eyes of the buyer. You get what you pay for

3. Another member apparently paid 1.5 lakhs to Y axis as that is the charge if you want MARA approved consultant, what ever that means and is now running after him.

Check it out on the forum

4 no idea

Cheers

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hello,

OK, you're going to hear lots of people telling you how you can do this yourself, and you probably can. The question is your risk appetite vs cost for minimising that risk. I wanted to derisk as much as possible, so used an agent. It cost me around AUD3K for everything, start to finish. It is possible to do it yourself, but there are plenty of "What <SNIP> see Rule 2: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/general-expat-discussions/2397-forum-rules.html kaju/moderator have I done?" threads here where people have made mistakes. You pay yer money...

To answer your questions
1. Assessments by consultants are usually worthless. If they say "according to the information you provided you would appear to satisfy the points required" that;s fine. If they say "you have a great chance" or similar, show them the door.
2. They should give you a FULL breakdown of what they will provide for the money. No agent can take a creative role. Have a look at the steps indicated in the sticky and ask them what you get at each stage for your money. If it's literally "we'll fill in an EOI" it might feel like poor value. I got hand-held through the whole process, with prompts, reminders, information, reviews of whether I had stuck to rules, etc.
3. No idea
4. Be careful and ensure you get a MARA accredited consultant. DIBP provides links to such agents. Their costs will vary, along with the service offered. Ask them to tell you what you get, and make a call on whether you feel that brings value for money.

Good luck

Reactions: jeeone

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ok. To add my two cents, I had the similar thought a year ago. And I decided to do with the help of the consultant.
- They know the process much better than you, like how much you know about your job.
- But still, understand the process using expats and other sources and double check what you are doing.
- It is like you have out sourced a project to them, so you need to be on top of that.
- If you are ok to read and fill the forms - then do it alone. But there are lots of people who started with me, and decided to do alone.. and still haven't given pte 1st attempt.

I will suggest, you do which one suits you the best.

Reactions: jeeone
1 - 6 of 6 Posts