Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi and thank you for reading this.

I was born in 1985. I'll be graduated in a year with master degree in animation direction, and I have written scripts and stories mostly for children and fiction genre. I am also an illustrator and comic artist.

I've been thinking about immigration since I was child (don't be surprised, cause I have a terrible childhood and by terrible I really mean it, rape, stepmother being beaten and ... ) I managed to grow up anyway. I know I don't belong where I am right now. I need peace of mind. I'm emotionally tired.

as an artist, or self employed, the factors I'm considering are:

- language (English, I want to communicate. I want to make friends, I don't want to end up alone I can manage to learn French)

- health insurance which covers all the expenses (I just want to make sure sb helps me when I'm sick)

- friendly people (I need people to talk to and when I smile they don't turn their back at me)

- weather ( although I love and adore snow and Christmas (I'm not Christian), I need sunlight. rainy days could easily push me into depression)

- retirement insurance

- big cities with big events... (like exhibitions, festivals, museum, zoos, buildings, movie theaters... here I'm so lonely, and nothing interesting here really).

- low crime rate (I need to go for a walk alone, or go mountain climbing, or cycling, I need to feel safe, cause here I can't do such things. I can't even have a dog, I feel miserable)

thank you all for reading and helping me out. I appreciate all your help.

ps: if I posted in a wrong section please notify me, sorry

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
It is easy to blame the world around you for your perceived misery.
But the situation will not be changed by the world around you, only by you.
So try to change yourself, your attitude first.
Then it will be easier to make up your mind where you want to go and master the motivation and energy for the long, difficult and often frustrating way of getting there and starting a new life.
Believe me, there is no easier and possibly no other solution!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts