Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've recently received the NSW nomination and am in the process of applying for the visa now. I have following questions and would be grateful if someone can help.

1) In the "Employment" section of the application, there is a question "Has the applicant been employed overseas in their nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level immediately before lodging this application?"

Can you please let me know:

a) Here overseas employment means employment outside Australia or employment outside my country of residence, which in my case is India?
b) I've more than 11 years of experience, out of which ACS is considering only 3 years for the points purpose. So should I select "3 years in the past 10 years" or "8 years in the past 10 years" (which is the maximum)?

2) When will I need to get my police clearance certificate and health check done? Is it before applying for the visa or is it that after applying the visa, DIBP will ask me when to do it?

3) While applying for the visa, I don't see any options to upload documents. Will DIBP take my documents from what I uploaded in the EOI? Even if that is the case, how do I submit the documents which I did not upload in the EOI, like police clearance certificate, medical checkup reports, IT returns and many more?

I appreciate your time and effort in this regards!

Thanks,
Ankit

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi All,

I've recently received the NSW nomination and am in the process of applying for the visa now. I have following questions and would be grateful if someone can help.

1) In the "Employment" section of the application, there is a question "Has the applicant been employed overseas in their nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level immediately before lodging this application?"

Can you please let me know:

a) Here overseas employment means employment outside Australia or employment outside my country of residence, which in my case is India?
b) I've more than 11 years of experience, out of which ACS is considering only 3 years for the points purpose. So should I select "3 years in the past 10 years" or "8 years in the past 10 years" (which is the maximum)?

2) When will I need to get my police clearance certificate and health check done? Is it before applying for the visa or is it that after applying the visa, DIBP will ask me when to do it?

3) While applying for the visa, I don't see any options to upload documents. Will DIBP take my documents from what I uploaded in the EOI? Even if that is the case, how do I submit the documents which I did not upload in the EOI, like police clearance certificate, medical checkup reports, IT returns and many more?

I appreciate your time and effort in this regards!

Thanks,
Ankit
1a) 'Overseas' means outside Australia
1b) It should be as ACS has decided (3 out of 10 years)
2) It is up to you. You can choose to get your PCC and Health check done and upload all details when applying for the Visa, or choose to wait. Its better to get the PCC done ahead of time as it generally is a long process. Health check reports are uploaded by the hospital where you get your tests done, you cannot upload them.
3) I am not sure what you mean by 'documents uploaded during EOI'
If you have an IMMI account you should be able to upload the documents. Can you please provide more details.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1a) 'Overseas' means outside Australia
1b) It should be as ACS has decided (3 out of 10 years)
2) It is up to you. You can choose to get your PCC and Health check done and upload all details when applying for the Visa, or choose to wait. Its better to get the PCC done ahead of time as it generally is a long process. Health check reports are uploaded by the hospital where you get your tests done, you cannot upload them.
3) I am not sure what you mean by 'documents uploaded during EOI'
If you have an IMMI account you should be able to upload the documents. Can you please provide more details.
Thanks for the reply Dear Expecting189.

I've an IMMI Account, but I don't see any option upload documents therein. There are 17 steps in the applying visa process, but in none of those screens, I get an option to upload documents. Am i missing something?

Also, please let me know, can I apply for visa before getting pcc, or will I've to complete the pcc process before applying the visa?

·
Registered
229 Posts

I've an IMMI Account, but I don't see any option upload documents therein. There are 17 steps in the applying visa process, but in none of those screens, I get an option to upload documents. Am i missing something?

Also, please let me know, can I apply for visa before getting pcc, or will I've to complete the pcc process before applying the visa?
That is strange, I am not sure why you are unable to upload documents!

You can surely apply for visa before getting / applying for you PCC. Generally people get the PCC done early as it takes time. Just curious, do you need a PCC from US?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

You can surely apply for visa before getting / applying for you PCC. Generally people get the PCC done early as it takes time. Just curious, do you need a PCC from US?
No, I need pcc from India only. I do plan to apply for pcc now but just wanted to know if I can go ahead with visa filing in the mean time.

But what really concerns me is how to upload my documents? In which section do you see the.option to upload them?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys, please someone help. How do I upload documents while I filing visa? I don't see any option to do so. Someone please help.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
After you submit your application and pay the visa application fee, the button to upload documents will appear.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

First go ahead and fill the 17 pages online VISA form AND THEN submit it. At this time IMMI account would ask you to pay VISA fees.

AFTER you pay the VISA fees your VISA application would be submitted AND the option to upload documents would be available.

At times the option to upload documents may NOT be available immediately, as IMMI account behaves in a strange manner. Give it couple of hours to a days time for the option to upload documents be available.

Guys, please someone help. How do I upload documents while I filing visa? I don't see any option to do so. Someone please help.
No, I need pcc from India only. I do plan to apply for pcc now but just wanted to know if I can go ahead with visa filing in the mean time.

But what really concerns me is how to upload my documents? In which section do you see the.option to upload them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts