Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just got an answer from another forum, saying that if main applicant apply for 190/489 and his occupation is on STSOL while his spouse's occupation is on MLTSSL, then the primary applicant can not claim for partner point. The reason for this is because now MLTSSL and STSOL are exclusive.

If so, it's so frustrating to hear that as I already applied for 489 under this situation.

Could anyone confirm this for me? Thank you very much!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi all,

I just got an answer from another forum, saying that if main applicant apply for 190/489 and his occupation is on STSOL while his spouse's occupation is on MLTSSL, then the primary applicant can not claim for partner point. The reason for this is because now MLTSSL and STSOL are exclusive.

If so, it's so frustrating to hear that as I already applied for 489 under this situation.

This is true.
Your nominated occupation and your partner's occupation have to fall on the same list.
I would suggest withdrawing that application instead of waiting out for the result (refusal).

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi all,

That is not true. MLTSSL covers both MLTSSL and STSOL if that's what you mean. There are 5-6 occupations in MLTSSL which are in exclusion list, other than that all MLTSSL covers STSOL.

So, MLTSSL = 189, 190 and 489.

STSOL = 190 and 489.

Have a look at this : http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-...sessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
This is something new to me. I thought you never really "claim" and input +5 points but rather the system asks you a set of questions (including partners ANZSCO and assessment ID) and automatically awards you (or not) the +5 partner points accordingly. I am not sure how it is now, but back in 2014/15 a friend of mine was in this situation of having 60 points on their 189 EOI and 70 points on their 190 EOI because his wife's occupation was only on the (then called) CSOL while his was on both the SOL + CSOL. So partner points were automatically added only in their 190 EOI but not in their 189.

Is it not this way anymore that the system takes care of awarding partner points automatically?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
This is something new to me. I thought you never really "claim" and input +5 points but rather the system asks you a set of questions (including partners ANZSCO and assessment ID) and automatically awards you (or not) the +5 partner points accordingly. I am not sure how it is now, but back in 2014/15 a friend of mine was in this situation of having 60 points on their 189 EOI and 70 points on their 190 EOI because his wife's occupation was only on the (then called) CSOL while his was on both the SOL + CSOL. So partner points were automatically added only in their 190 EOI but not in their 189.

Is it not this way anymore that the system takes care of awarding partner points automatically?
On a second thought, you are right. Why would he need to even claim anything. EOI is supposed to do it automatically whether he is eligible or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi guys,
I just found another thread discussing the same query, however it seems hasn't get a conclusion yet. Some said yes some said no..

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...2-partner-points-changes-after-2017-july.html

A guy has phoned DIBP and said that it can not claim that point under this situation (Applying for 190/489, main in STSOL partner in MLTSSL)
Please refer to #12 and #21
<SNIP> Inappropriate content - see http://www.expatforum.com/expats/ge...-please-read-before-posting.html#post13155218 kaju/moderator

Appreciate some provide more information about this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts