Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

Hope you are doing good.. I'm new to the forum. This is my first post in this long journey, hope I'll make some friends on the way. please forgive if I have not followed any forum rules.

I'm planning to apply for Australian PR. I would really appreciate if you guide me with the steps.

1. I recently attended ielts and got the scores as follows, L - 8.5, R - 8, W - 6.5 and S - 7. So I guess my score is 6.5 then. :(
2. I have checked my total score. I'm exactly making 60. Is this enough or do I need to apply for ielts again and score 7?
3. I read like the next step is to get my skills validated. I'm a software engineer by profession. Please let me know how to get my skills validated? What are all the documents required for this.

I'm not sure whether to apply myself or go to an agent. I hope many of you might have faced this dilemma; Kindly guide me with the next steps.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi karthick87,

since you asked, the forum rules can be found in this thread ;).

1. Correct, DIBP will consider the lowest band score.
2. It's definitely worthwhile to re-take IELTS if you want to get an invite. In the last invitation round (3 Nov) software engineers with 65 or more points received an immediate invite, everybody else had to queue. The last 60-pointer who received an invite submitted his EOI on 1/7/2013 5.22 pm.
3. Just head over to the homepage of the Australian Computer Society (ACS) and read the information provided there, especially the ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines and the FAQs. They are very comprehensive.

You can apply yourself if you are willing to put in the hours - you'll need to read lots of documents/guidelines but it's very well documented. I'd only suggest to get an agent if you have a "complicated" case (e.g. prior visa refusal due to fraud, criminal record or if you or a severe chronic illness).

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Monika,

Thanks for your response.

Thinking of going through another round ielts makes me sick :) But need to do. Its like waking up in the morning.

I'll look into the ACS website and will try to prepare my skill set documentation. Will keep you posted on the same.

Once again thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Karthick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts